BAD (and good) TV commercials

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“Toe jam”]Like you can remember anything from the early eighties…I bet u can’t even remember when the early eighties were.
[/quote]
After click-clacks and before Transformers, if I recall. Gold eyeliner, backcombed hair, frilly shirts and suede pixie boots … and that was on the men.[/quote]

So, you see young people (not toe save), this metrosexuality bollox is about as ‘new’ as bisexual chic.

You’d think the 21st century would start with some innovation. But nooooooo…
:?

Remember the world cup from 2002? Remember this guy? “Bo gan dio shi bo gan!”

Yeah… I thought it was a tad sketch if you ask me. California accent in Sydney?? I just assumed it was filmed in Taipei with a TAS grad. Well, bravo to Leslie on her California accent (I’m guessing she is Canadian after all).

I have to vent.

That man’s voice on the Intel Centrino commercials drives me applesolutely crazy (in a bad way). I hate his voice. I hate the deep tone of his voice. I have this image of this idiot who talks to himself like that everyday because he thinks it’s so fakkin sexy. I hate it. And he doesn’t just do Intel commercials. Oh no he doesn’t! Apparently many people love his voice because his voice is in so many other commercials too. He also does the Motorola commercials.

Grrr…I hate it so much I even change the channels to watch other commercials, any other commercials, so I don’t have to listen to his “I’m so sexy love me or eat mud. Because I speak like this my English sounds sooo perfect.”

Go to hell you make me cringe.

Among the suckiest ads currently showing is the one where a magician is doing the stab-a-woman-in-a-box trick and when they open the box she falls out dead. Is that supposed to be funny? And who are all those middle-aged English-teacher/editor-looking guys in the audience? I don’t recognise anyone from Forumosa - maybe it was a TaiwanHo happy hour, or a Tealit one (do they have them?).

It would be funny if there were some blood on the swords and on her body. :smiling_imp: