Bad English Website for High school, why bother?

Please take a look at this website and especially take a look at the subtitles of the video on this page. You will get a kick out of its English Translation.

Then, please send your comment to the school via this address to help them improve their page or you can tell them if it is even necessary to have an English page in the first place. flhs@mail.flhs.ptc.edu.tw
The website: 163.24.49.18/~flhsdc/

It is my opinion that if they want to have an English website meant for foreigners to see, they should at least make it understandable. Some English speaking friends were once asked to spend many hours trying to help correct translation errors of a similar web site, yet their corrections were ignored.

Are you sure it’s meant for foreigners to see?

Most English web sites are meant for bosses to see, and those bosses usually don’t have a clue about English, so any old alphabet-based stuff will do.

Me say it are good! :smiley:

I have an off-topic question: Why do so many Taiwanese websites only use ip adresses, but not domain names? This seems so weird.

Considering the state of the English referenced in the OP, I imagine they do it I’m order to ensure that at least a few people manage to navigate to their page and not some website which is an anagram of their name.

Considering the state of the English referenced in the OP, I imagine they do it I’m order to ensure that at least a few people manage to navigate to their page and not some website which is an anagram of their name.[/quote]

You must not have many Taiwanese friends. If you did, you’d look be looking at their e-mail addresses and getting a headache. Taiwanese prefer numbers. Plus, the English domain name doesn’t mean anything to them. Be grateful… Web pages can be and are given Chinese Domain names.