Bad interviews

It partly depends on how much accountability there’s supposed to be. If you’re afraid of complaints, you want to have as much evidence as possible that you gave the person a chance. Also, a larger organization will tend to have a more elaborate system anyway.

1 Like

It’s an old interrogation tactic. The theory is, you’re lying (because everyone is), and if they ask the same question enough times, your mental dam will break, and the truth will come pouring out! :exploding_head:

Too bad it doesn’t work.

1 Like

I don’t want to work at any place where the job interview is like an interrogation. Red flag for a toxic work environment imo.

3 Likes

The MS interview process is a real mess (although not nearly as bad as Google). The last interview is typically director-level, hence the veto power.

OK that finally explains the blue screen!

1 Like

My list of sheer dread for events, top is worst

1. Dates
    1.5. Visiting the dentist
  2. Any other ‘eating out’ affair
  3. Weddings
  4. Interviews
  5. Working on a Tuesday
  6. Funerals
1 Like

Um… huh? :hushed:

That one is half-a-joke, but in my field (manufacturing) we get all the trickle-down from the weekend, where someone has come up with an idea, discussed it with various parties on the Monday then on Tuesday it’s either become a business critical priority, it’s poorly thought-through and then it’s the attack of the egos, or people that broke stuff on Monday assumed the magic pixie fairies would fix it overnight and so the problem has compounded somewhat.

By Wednesday the hot-headed beasts have returned from their roost to slumber and we then go back to relative normality

3 Likes