Bad news about 3C

As of today, 3C has reverted to its lame 2 price scheme - one for members, one for non-members. This time around, the non-member price is even less prominently placed then before.

As my printer ink was rung up today, I told the fellow I wouldn’t be back. They had my business once they dumped the stupid two-tier scheme. Now that they’re at it again, I won’t be visiting their stores.

The guy tried to explain to me that customers enjoy the “special feeling” of being a member and want special prices. It’s all a big scam, and I’m having none of it.

For those who are interested, you pay 400 NT for the privilege of being a member. They throw in a crappy toaster or other gadget as a bonus. Woo hoo! :loco:

Isn’t 3C’s boss in jail or something? Everytime I go in there they have less stuff, and less of it is interesting. Meh.

They dumped it?

3C really sucks. I’m not talking about their prices, but customer service here.

Home Phone: Broke 3 times within guarantee limit…they didn’t replace it the third time. So if anybodys phone number has the digit 3 in it, sorry, can’t call you… :noway:

Water heater: Plug melted down and merged with socket. I still can’t believe this actually happend :loco: Within guarantee limit, but they just don’t want to replace it. Still negotiating :fume:

Wow, that’s actually worse than Sunfar. Took them 2 and a half months to repair my MP3 player that broke down within the first month of buying it. That’s after having to spend half an hour explaining to the minimum-wage mong at the shop that no I’m not retarded, I did change the battery and I know how to plug the thing in.

I am surprised no one has mentioned the annoying song they play over and over in the store. What exactly are the lyrics? Or that bizarre ad campaign that had some naked guy holding his crotch.

OH YEAH. That song. I am very pleased you mentioned that as I have be wanting to rant about that but I think I can rant a bit too much…
That has to be the worst ‘singing’ I have ever heard. I can’t really make out the lyrics others than .“…waiting for something, waiting for…”
Anyway it’s just shit. I can’t understand whay they run pathetic jingles inside the store like that - what are they trying to achieve? you’re already in the store, so there’s a good chance it will drive you out. B & Q do the same. :loco:

I think Dahistsu or something like that, is much better. Customers service and all. I buy everything there.

Actually the chain is called TKEC. ‘3C’ is just a generic abbreviation (Computer, Consumer Electronics and Communications) …

Just Sunday I was wondering where I might get a toaster…hmmmm.

Isn’t Costco a “members only” store here?

I wonder if my California membership would apply here?

Ja, Ja, Rascal. :smiley:

Costco is membership only here. At least in their case, you can buy a lot of goods which you can’t find across the street (which is the case with 3C’s product lines).

Can kun! Can kun! Can kun!

[quote=“mesheel”]3C really sucks. I’m not talking about their prices, but customer service here.

Home Phone: Broke 3 times within guarantee limit…they didn’t replace it the third time. So if anybodys phone number has the digit 3 in it, sorry, can’t call you… :noway:

Water heater: Plug melted down and merged with socket. I still can’t believe this actually happend :loco: Within guarantee limit, but they just don’t want to replace it. Still negotiating :fume:[/quote]

Tell them you will be writing to the Apple Daily. Then actually do ring the Apple Daily. And the Consumer Protection Foundation, or whatever they’re called.

I don’t know what the OP is moaning about. 3C’s dual pricing scheme used to favor foreigners. I bought lots of stuff at my nearest 3C branch at the members-only price even though I wasn’t a member.

Maybe different branches have different policies something.

Sorry to disturb you with my moaning. I asked yesterday if I could get the discount price for being a foreigner, since this has worked in the past. It was a no go.

Anyway, please, continue shopping at 3C. Their charming security guards, tasteful decor, ever-improving selection, competitive prices, and soothing music make shopping there a real pleasure. It’s all yours, babe.

Interesting. I’d never ask that, but does that work in other places?

Not too many places have two different price schemes, but there are quite a lot of places that give 5-10% discounts to members. I’ve never asked for this discount on the basis of being a foreigner, but quite often just asking for the member discount (such as in department stores) works. Taiwanese folks do it all the time. (Ke yi bu ke yi gei wo da zhe?)

A couple of years ago, when 3C gave me the discount for being a foreigner, a manager there brought it up. Never would have occured to me to use that as a pretext for getting a cheaper price. :s

Don’t Daihatsu make cars?

i got a 3C membership because I wanted to buy a sandwich griller that cost NT$499 or came free with the NT$400 membership… :unamused: … anyway, i never picked up my card, over a year later I’m sure the staff couldn’t possibly recognize me now, but they still give me the members price without the card or even a word being said… although admittedly about the only things I buy from 3C is cables and adaptors, small $ items… maybe they just don’t want to go through the hassle of having to explain the irritating 2 tier price system to irate foreigners they assume are unable to speak the lingo…

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Just Sunday I was wondering where I might get a toaster…hmmmm.

Isn’t Costco a “members only” store here?

I wonder if my California membership would apply here?[/quote]

Your CA Costco card will work here. Actually, they are pretty good in the appliance department. I bought my bad-ass inverter microwave/convection oven there.