Bad news about jobs

You can find it if you look hard enough:

I’ve actually heard of some of these.

3 Likes

That’s media. Isn’t exactly indicative of the market as a whole.

Media has been bleeding jobs since 2009.

Media deserves to bleed.

6 Likes

guess they weren’t “educated” enough to see the trend in media and weren’t smart enough to have a backup plan, like creating their own blogs or independent news sites, or selling things on eBay. cannot lead news hounds to the water trough

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

My dreams of becoming a journalist have just been dashed. :sleepy: :cold_face: :hot_face:

2 Likes

Title of thread greatest pun of 2019.

Here’s what you can do. Start a blog!

Hear me out here. It’s a blog about owning libs. It doesn’t even matter if you believe in it or not, if you really don’t want to be known for it, don’t post any significant contact info or anything else self-identifying. Nobody reading you will care about your credentials anyway.

Then go out there and own those libs! The spicier the better. Trump’s base gloms onto these blogs like moths to a flame. They spam repost them in forums in an almost automated fashion with zero thought to the content being accurate or not.

Easy ad revenue on the backs of those suckers, in essence their lib-owning obsession becomes your free labor!

Credit to @KHHville.

4 Likes

So that’s where they moved the cheese to.

1 Like

No worries. They can always just learn to code.

2 Likes

Best use that time for something more productive.

2 Likes

If true, there’s a complete lack of self-awareness, which is not even remotely a surprise.

2 Likes

Lyz is not helping herself get a relationship here.

3 Likes

Well, there is no way anyone could have predicted this would happen.

1 Like