Bad words

I’ve just noticed that since we’ve come over from Oriented, my signature has been changed. At oriented, ‘pour a bucket of sh##’ minus the two hashes was accepted, but here it’s been changed to ‘pour a bucket of POOPY???’. POOPY??? What the hell is that. Come on, if shit is outlawed, sh## with the hashes would still be better than POOPY. I can’t even say that word without almost shaking my head off in dismay. Trust me in saying this, Paul Keating would never say “poopy”. Actually I thought poopy was just baby talk anyway.

If poopy is outlawed, only outlaws will be able to poopy. :shock:

Come to think of it… poopy, poopy, poopy, poopy, poopy… what a strange and wonderful thing is the English language. Poopy.

Poopy. Dammit, now I can’t s… poopy…top. This is worse than hiccups.

Poopy.

Well, I’m glad at least some liked the new Word Censor :smiley:

Most of the words that are censored (now, don’t throw a fit, there are NOT many) are either inside jokes (“gags”) or “words that couldn’t be used meaningfully except in hate” (or something high-minded like that)

I’ll “fix this shit” right now :smiley:

Peace

Those would be?

According to George Carlin,
QUOTE - :arrow_right:[quote]"We have thoughts, but thoughts are fluid. You know, [humming]. And, then we assign a word to a thought, [clicks tongue]. And we’re stuck with that word for that thought. So be careful with words. I like to think, yeah, the same words that hurt can heal. It’s a matter of how you pick them.

There are some people that aren’t into all the words. There are some people who would have you not use certain words. Yeah, there are 400,000 words in the English language, and there are seven of them that you can’t say on television. What a ratio that is. 399,993 to seven. They must really be bad. They’d have to be outrageous, to be separated from a group that large. All of you over here, you seven. Bad words. That’s what they told us they were, remember? ‘That’s a bad word.’ ‘Awwww.’ There are no bad words. Bad thoughts. Bad Intentions.

And words, you know the seven don’t you? Shit, Piss, Fuck, Cunt, Cocksucker, Motherfucker, and Tits, huh? Those are the heavy seven. Those are the ones that will infect your soul, curve your spine and keep the country from winning the war. "[/quote]

F@(<, words are bad!

:shock:
Bingo, plus a couple of racial epithets

… but took out [one who fellates] and [one who has actualized an oedipal desire]?!?

that’s um… like… wrong or something!

-deleted editorial epithet-

I can no longer recall anymore, but I am pretty sure I was given a usage of the C U next Tuesday word that was not particularly offensive (please do not interpret this as a challenge to try to think up that example :blush: )

Thanks for the understanding. Poopy just never did look right. :smiley: