Badminton?

Hi , my name is Rio . I am quite new here in Taipei, so i’m looking for regular badminton partner or group to play with. If there is any of you who have been playing regularly and wouldn’t mind to have me to join, it’d be great! I’d describe my level as intermediate : definitely not beginner but can hardly call self professional either. I’m really new here and do not know any place to play, or anybody to play with. Please let me know if you’d like to play together. Thankss!

Try asking in a well-stocked sporting goods store. They’ll know the local courts and might know about teams. The courts will be able to tell you about teams that play there. We play here in Taichung and that’s how I found out about them.

Any word on badminton? I’d like a group to play with too in Taipei.

Hey,

I’m looking for experienced badminton players to play with atleast once a week, I live in Xindian. There’s a place called Daan Sport Center where you can book courts for 300:-/hour, splitting that wouldn’t be much per person. It’s very close to Gongguan MRT Station. Please let me know if anyone is interested, I prefer playing Singles but Doubles is OK too.

My Mail is: d.u.d.t@hotmail.com

Up with this one, Badminton in Taipei anyone? :slight_smile:

Hey, I’ve actually found a group to play doubles with at the Taipei Gymnasium on 11:00-1:00 pm Fridays on court 4 and 5. Mostly Taiwanese people there but I’ve gone twice and they seem like nice folk. I am charged 150NT to play for the two hours.

More info on the Taipei Gymnasium can be found here: english.tms.taipei.gov.tw/ct.asp … &mp=104062
The courts are pretty nice as the light placement doesn’t blind players.

If you can read Chinese, I recommend badmintonrepublic.com/phpbb3 … 23&t=10600

If you want to setup an English speaking badminton group for some other day, I’m game.

Hey,
I’ll try to swing by on Friday, although I like singles more I’d love to play since I haven’t played in a while :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the info!

//Isi

I’m not fit enough for prolonged singles play, heh. I’m already challenging myself physically by playing 2 hours of doubles which includes sitting out to rest.

Hehe, no worries :slight_smile: Btw, are you going on Friday? I’ll be there, hope to see you there then!

Cools. Yeah, I’ll be the really tall Asian-American alien there with long workout pants

Awesome! I’ll see you tomorrow then! I’ll be the guy looking like a R N’ R Musician (which I am lol)

Uh oh, I hope you see this in time because I just found out on their forum that they aren’t playing this Friday because of Chinese New Year. I’ll be going next Friday though. (emailed you just in case)

Hmm, looks very vacant lol. I’m here but there’s not a soul, maybe they didn’t play cause of New Year?

Aah, just saw your other post lol, don’t worry. I atleast know where it is now haha

Devroc,

Will there be training this Friday? Cause it’s still vacation, just wonder cause most things will open/start on Monday.

The group I played with before didn’t go on 2/15 actually but I went anyway and it turns out all courts was on some special free play day or something and no one had to pay, so I just played with random people.
I’m still not familiar with anyone yet so I’m out of the loop on what’s going on. I’ve been trying to figure it out and it seems like the group I play with will make a post in this thread badmintonrepublic.com/phpbb3 … 0&start=70 every Friday that they will go and they didn’t post one for 2/15 so I guess they are still on vacation. I’ll likely try to keep following them though because the host(s) seem pretty nice and watches everyone to coodinate match-ups which makes everything progress pretty smoothly. From what I can observe the host is a short lady whom I make the payment to and some other tall-ish guy really well-built for badminton and they both seem like pretty seasoned players.

Haha, I actually went too - was looking crazily for you but couldn’t figure out if you were among ALL those people… Was thinking “tall, american-taiwanese looking and long shorts” lol. Anyways, I found a pretty nice group just when you get into the room with all the courts, to the right. The first 3 courts, that’s where I was playing. I’ll be trying to keep up with the link you gave me and see if I can manage to show up next time they are playing!

Hello there, I just moved to Taipei and looking for someone to play badminton with, I’m not a pro and consider myself average I guess.

Hi Isivaa, are you still in?

Same same. Just got here a month ago and looking for players for weekly court time. Am a decent player albeit a bit out of shape in the stamina dept, more singles oriented than doubles. Figure if 3 of us then can book 1 court and do rotations to keep a good play/rest balance.

I’m in Tianmu, but can travel. Schedule is quite flexible. Heartshaped and others?

[quote=“Devroc”]Hey, I’ve actually found a group to play doubles with at the Taipei Gymnasium on 11:00-1:00 pm Fridays on court 4 and 5. Mostly Taiwanese people there but I’ve gone twice and they seem like nice folk. I am charged 150NT to play for the two hours.

More info on the Taipei Gymnasium can be found here: english.tms.taipei.gov.tw/ct.asp … &mp=104062
The courts are pretty nice as the light placement doesn’t blind players.

If you can read Chinese, I recommend badmintonrepublic.com/phpbb3 … 23&t=10600

If you want to setup an English speaking badminton group for some other day, I’m game.[/quote]

thx! Devroc. the links r very useful :slight_smile: