Bagel Bagel (Kaohsiung)- service issues?

[quote=“Eros”]Bagel Bagel on Heti probably has the worst possible service I’ve seen in Kaohsiung - and that’s saying a lot. [/quote]Sorry to hear you’ve had bad service there. My experience has been very different and much more positive than that. [quote] Not only that, but the servers are D-U-M dumb.[/quote]If that’s what you think, I guess you can say that, but it certainly gives your critic a questionable edge, in my opinion.

I went to The Lighthouse this evening for a pizza to go. Bret, the owner of Bagel Bagel and The Light House, was at the bar when I put in my order and we chatted for a bit. I never thought about mentioning this thread to him. :blush: But he actually thanked me for my positive review and we talked about this thread for a while. Turns out that he personally knows the OP of this thread but he was being very professional in avoiding to comment about that person. In fact, he never even told me who it is. He just mentioned that he knew the man who posted this thread.

I can assure you that both Brett and Ellie are greatly concerned about the feedback in this thread. I know that they would be happy with having the thread title edited to something a bit more objective given that there is a good mix of positive and negative reviews in here.

Brett also stressed the fact that he hopes that we all feel free to contact him directly if we have any concerns. Having ran a restaurant for 8 years myself, I can tell you that in this business, hearing what the customers think is always appreciated and necessary, either it is positive or negative. Brett’s extensive experience if the food and beverage industry makes him very aware of that, and he will respond to any and all criticism accordingly.

For what it’s worth, my pizza was excellent again tonight, and I was served with not one, but many smiles. :slight_smile:

Chris

I made a post along the lines of what is below, but it was deleted for reasons that I did not really agree with so here is another try.
In fairness people should note that the comments in the opening post on this thread are several years old and the situation now may be (well probably) is very different now. I guess all restaurants or bars that are open for a few years are going to have a rough spot at one point and it should not be held against the owners forever.
I never ate at that restaurant again after that post, but I have been to the Lighthouse plenty of times, and my gripe was never with Brett or Ellie personally. I believe that like most businesses (including the ones I own) operate better when the owners are there and the workers thus know they are being watched over. They were not there when the problem which I encountered occured or I would certainly have taken it straight to either of them.
It is not a secret who I am. Other posts in this forum make this obvious.
Enough said.