Bagpiping anyone

Does anyone know of a Scottish Cultural society or Bagpiping society in Taiwan.

I’ve played bagpipes for fifteen years and 6 years professionally. I’m interested in teaching the pipes or starting or getting involved in starting a bagpipe band in Taiwan.

I can just see Hexuan reading this and freaking. “Oh no, the kids downstairs are learning the bagpipes. . whatever next.” :laughing:

HG

My heart is thumping in anticipation…a Fleet of Kilted Blue Truck & Taxi Cab drivers piping their way along the boulevards…
Here they come now…The splish of bin lang halted as they pipe Garryowen, The Atholl Highlanders and The Battle of Waterloo…

Good Luck Lad!

I’ve been hankering after a set of small pipes. Can you play those? I’m more interested in pibroch than band stuff, though.

Is there an echo in here? :idunno:

Bagpipes typically sound like cats being sat upon, to my ears. But I’d like to see the local reaction to a troop of pipers facing down one of the accursed squawking blue advertising trucks.

Come to think of it, what a great reply to ghost money being burnt in the stairwell, or professional funeral wailing. Sign me up.

What happens to you when you get bagpiped?

Amazing Grace during Election time. Bring a battalion of whities in - 10 of whom with pipes each with a bottle of whiskey in hand.

[quote]WHEN chapman billies leave the street,
And drouthy neebors, neebors meet;
As market-days are wearing late,
An folk begin to tak the gate;
While we sit bousing at the nappy,
An getting fou and unco happy,
We think na on the lang Scots miles,
The mosses, waters, slaps, and styles,
That lie between us and our hame,
Whare sits our sulky, sullen dame,
Gathering her brows like gathering storm,
Nursing her wrath to keep it warm.

This truth fand honest Tam o Shanter,
As he frae Ayr ae night did canter:
(Auld Ayr, wham ne’er a town surpasses,
For honest men and bonie lasses). [/quote]

Bagpipes in Taiwan? What next, binlang girls quoting Rabbie Burns and selling haggis?. :dance:

[quote]While we sit bousing at the nappy,
[/quote]
That was me last night. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :blush: :blush:

[quote=“sandman”][quote]While we sit bousing at the nappy,
[/quote]
That was me last night. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :blush: :blush:[/quote]

I’m listenin to Drop Kick Murphey - Cadence to Arms do I count as an honorary Scotsman? hahahhahahahahahahahaha

Sandman check it out…you might like it.

“Cadence to Arms - Dropkick Murphey”

Get back to me.

Or

Dropkick Murphey’s -Irish Drinkin songs

God Bless Canadian roots and our unwavering love for the Isle we like to speak fondly of.

SO FAWK YOU!

P.S Great Big Sea = Great Band

Ach, bollocks! I arrived in Scotland on Dec. 22. Missed them by eight frigging days. :fume: :fume: :fume: Wee sister said they were right ON it, too.

I saw a lone bagpiper at the Pig and Whistle in Hsinchu about three months ago. He only played one song and then vanished. I thought he was going to play for a bit longer. He was all decked out in the traditional garb and everything. T’was a treat! It seems like he plays there regularly, but I am not sure.

[quote=“snydewynder”]Does anyone know of a Scottish Cultural society or Bagpiping society in Taiwan.

I’ve played bagpipes for fifteen years and 6 years professionally. I’m interested in teaching the pipes or starting or getting involved in starting a bagpipe band in Taiwan.[/quote]

I’d love to join although I know nothing about music except the first few notes of Good King Wenceslas. I have Mc Donald and Rankin (Maclean) in me.

I can’t believe I’ve found people in Taipei who like the Dropkick Murphys! Even before the song “Tessie,” they were the cat’s ass in Boston. Saw them once–awesome show :smiley:

I know that guy, he’s from Nova Scotia and plays at the beach sometimes. Pretty random thread and bagpipes are random as hell.

[quote=“monster”]'m listenin to Drop Kick Murphey - Cadence to Arms do I count as an honorary Scotsman? hahahhahahahahahahahaha

Sandman check it out…you might like it.

“Cadence to Arms - Dropkick Murphey”
[/quote]

I’ve never heard Dropkick Murphys before, so after the few mentions in this thread, I decided to download a couple of songs. Man, they rock. Those guys are great. They remind me a bit of The Pogues.

Thanks guys for introducing me to a great band. :notworthy:

Now, I’m off to download some more.

[quote=“snydewynder”]Does anyone know of a Scottish Cultural society or Bagpiping society in Taiwan.

I’ve played bagpipes for fifteen years and 6 years professionally. I’m interested in teaching the pipes or starting or getting involved in starting a bagpipe band in Taiwan.[/quote]

And to think I came to Taiwan to get away from this sort of thing! There are far too many Scots coming out of the woodwork for my liking.

PS: my family name comes from the Scottish village of Dron. Apparently the early Drons emigrated from France to Scotland but god only knows why. To think I could be lounging around eating brie and drinking wine right now but noooo, they had to pick Scotland. It’s a bloody disgrace.

I was the lone piper you saw sometimes I practice at the beach