Balaclavas

Seriously. Anyone know where I can buy a balaclava? Doesn’t even have to be a good one.

A got a fairly sinister-looking black wooly one in (I think it was) the Jingmei nightmarket.
On Saturday I saw a really cool thin fleece one in the Mountain Hardware shop in Gungguan. It had a slit for the mouth, another for the nostrils and another for the eyes. Ninja, baby!

where is gungguan?

Roosevelt Road. It has a stop on the Hsintien (green) line of the MRT.

[quote=“sandman”]A got a fairly sinister-looking black wooly one in (I think it was) the Jingmei nightmarket.
On Saturday I saw a really cool thin fleece one in the Mountain Hardware shop in Gungguan. It had a slit for the mouth, another for the nostrils and another for the eyes. Ninja, baby![/quote]
You’re an absolute champion mate. This shop near the MRT?

[quote=“Tetsuo”][quote=“sandman”]A got a fairly sinister-looking black wooly one in (I think it was) the Jingmei nightmarket.
On Saturday I saw a really cool thin fleece one in the Mountain Hardware shop in Gungguan. It had a slit for the mouth, another for the nostrils and another for the eyes. Ninja, baby![/quote]
You’re an absolute champion mate. This shop near the MRT?[/quote]
I’m sorry, I can’t recall the name of the street, but it is not far from the MRT. From the station, walk along Roosevelt toward the Roosevelt/Hsing Sheng S. Rd. T-junction.
OK, if you imagine that the T-junction is really a crossroads, the little street you’re looking for would be the continuation of Hsin Sheng taking you from Roosevelt to Ding zhou Rd. Does that make any sense at all? The Mountain Hardware store is about 20 yards in.

Thanks for that. Might head down shortly and check it out.

Roosevelt Road. It has a stop on the Hsintien (Xindian) (green) line of the MRT.[/quote]

hmm… where is Rooseverl Road and Hsintien line? tapei?

Roosevelt Road. It has a stop on the Hsintien (Xindian) (Xindian) (green) line of the MRT.[/quote]

hmm… where is Rooseverl Road and Hsintien (Xindian) line? tapei?[/quote]
Yes, it’s in Taipei. The MRT refers to the city’s underground train system, which I’m sure you won’t get in Jubei for many years, if ever.