Bali vs Singapore

Thanks for the offer Alley. :slight_smile: We’ll be in touch!

Still looking for a used copy of LP BALI

Guys,
I did it. I bought the tickets through EVA air Online! Each ticket NT15,500 direct flight return. You can even chose your seats on the plane. The price online was a few thousand lower than Jeanie at Interlink could offer. Thai airways also offers a flight and its cheaper but, you have to stop in Bangkok.
See you on the beach

Steve

Hawkers in Bali? They can be so persistent. I remember they tried to force me to buy some T-Shirts or some souvenir stuff even though I told them very clearly, “Gak Mau!”

My Balinese friend told me that the Governor of Bali has taken some measures to prevent this hawkers from “harassing” tourists both domestic and foreign. I hope the situation is better now.

Stevieboy, since you’re going to Bali, why don’t you go to a neighboring island, called Lombok (Chili) Island? The place is not as commercialized as Bali, but has beautiful beaches.

did you do the hotel package thing steve? you can get a pretty good deal through the airlines with that.

Hey Stevieboy,

All right. Heading off to Bali–soon. The price for the tickets sounds pretty good. However, I am also curious–is this a package? Does it include a few nights at a hotel?

I know that a few months ago, there were some great EVA “holiday” packages on offer–including a round-trip ticket, two or three nights in a hotel, transfers, free breakfast, and some other goodies. The price for all of this was about the same as what you mentioned.

Of course, the choice of hotels and the areas where they were located (mostly Kuta, Nusa Dua, and Sanur) was limited. However, if you are spending a couple of weeks on the island, then the first few nights in a nice hotel might be a comfortable–and easy–way to start the trip. After that, you can move on to another hotel or another area.

Anyway, just curious about what kind of deal you got with the tickets. Have a great trip.

As for the beach hawkers, don’t buy a damn thing from any of them! Don’t even look at them, no eye contact. If you buy from one, the others act indignant why you didn’t buy from them.
Besides, the beach hawkers are about 50% more expensive than the shops even after haggling, considering the little weasels have no overhead!
As tourism is low since bombing, they really give you a song and dance about having to support their families, blah blah blah.
Bali isn’t a poor place. Go to India or China and see poor. Bali is quite well-developed and you can get all sorts of western amenities you can’t get here. I came back with an extra sized bag full of coffee, spices, foods, clothes and shoes that I could never find here.
Be sure to hit the Bin tang (?) supermarket to get the coffees and food products before you leave. The Matahari is also a good place to get excellent deals on such items.
And rent a jimney. You will have so much fun dodging chickens, ducks, dogs, and people. And DO hit Ubud, Padang Bai, and check out the volcano views around Kintamani. Try to make it to a dance or two, as well. It’s weird, but cool. Hinduism is such a refreshing change from what we’re use to here.
Eat local cuisine. It’s the best! And bring me back a couple bottles of that extra spicy hot sauce they put on the tables there. It’s cheap. Something like 5000 rupiah, or 15 NT. Have fun!