Banks trying to improve?

Oh, where can we see this “branding”?

On the doors lol

Well next to the doors actually :sweat_smile:

1 Like

By that, I think they just mean “we’ll try to speak English by 2030”.

1 Like

Given the ubiquity of post office ATMs in Taiwan, I suppose this counts as an attempt to improve. In addition to Chinese and English, the additional four languages are Japanese, Indonesian, Vietnamese, and Thai.

Guy

Pr

Probably but I don’t know why this bank even cares about English. If they just did their job properly in Chinese no one would have a problem.

2 Likes

Do you know if the FSC or someone else maintains a list of these bilingual/trilingual branches? I’ve been googling “銀行” and “雙語”, but couldn’t find one.

edit: Never mind, some banks list them on their website.

I just got asked to do round 2… it’s exactly the same as round 1 so they’re probably wasting their money but it’s an easy gig for me.

4 Likes

Still not looking for any useful feedback though :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It depends on the country’s ID documents… A lot of the “third world” country’s ID documents don’t have easy and trustworthy verification tools that the “video banks” can use.

However, I can guarantee that those “third worlders” actually living in those countries with the video banks won’t have a problem as long as they have ID documents from the video banking countries…

UNLIKE F%$KING TAIWAN in which koko bank claims that all foreigners living in Taiwan have no Taiwan issued identification documents…

https://tw.forumosa.com/t/koko-bank-s-xenophobic-reasoning-for-denying-foreigners-the-ability-to-open-an-account-online/222752

1 Like

How are these meetings? It doesn’t seem like they ever actually listen…

Going through this thread I still can’t tell what your real problem is with the banks.

See screenshot above.

They treat long term permanent residents the in the same way as temporary workers and visitors.

1 Like

I’ll be honest… I don’t think it’s racial discrimination. The US has a history of sanctioning banks that don’t tow the line… Esun bank simply doesn’t want to deal with it. Yes, it’s frustrating but that document is extremely important and he should’ve kept a copy in a safe place or order a new one.

It’s clear that the pressure is rising. Keep on going :slight_smile:

Does anyone here with an open work permit have any interest doing the mystery shops for me? They’re due on the 15th if October. I won’t have time (and they’ve added a few requirements such as wearing spy glasses and downloading the vide that I can’t be bothered with)
The branches are in Taichung, Hsinchu, Changhua and Yunlin. If you private message me with your email address I’ll pass it on to the research company guy.

1 Like

Hehehe, do you think they’d accept me? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“Only real foreigners, please!” :whistle:

1 Like

I don’t see why not :joy:

1 Like

how much you gonna pay? My friend might be interested.

1 Like