Banned Members 2005 (Part 1)

Did I miss something here? He made a post today on current events, but now he seems to be suspended. What did he do? Besides his random erratic racist posts and suspected trolling. Did he finally go over the edge?

IMO, yes.

IMO, yes.[/quote]
Why? How? Where’s the evidence?

okay i’m coming to the side of scream. i 've always thought he was a quality content contributor. i’ve always enjoyed his comments and his angle on things. how con he be suspended? what did he do?
you can’t just bust people without showing us all why! lets see the evidence! God bless america!

[quote=“rantheman”]okay I’m coming to the side of scream. i 've always thought he was a quality content contributor. I’ve always enjoyed his comments and his angle on things. how con he be suspended? what did he do?
you can’t just bust people without showing us all why! lets see the evidence! God bless America![/quote]

He broke the rules.

which rule? i need to know so i don’t go over the edge too. PM me with the details.

Everything you need to know is here:

forumosa.com/taiwan/rules.php

Glad I could help.

Please don’t ban him, please.
Slap his wrists, muffle his racism, but please don’t ban him.

First we lost Toe, then Squid, then ModLang.

I can’t take it anymore. :frowning: :braveheart:

which rule/rules did he break? so he broke a rule? how bad was it? what was the offense? what was the remark that pushed youse guys over the edge? unless you can show me what he did specifically, i’m gonna think you’re hanging him out to dry.
what kind of an organization are youse guys running here anyway?who are you trying to impress? forumosa is nothing without the many and unique people on here and if you piss them all away, you’ve got a boring status quo site. or is that what you want?

Speaking of Squidly, if anyone has an email addy for him please PM it to me.
Also send a cc to him that you are doing so.
Thank you for your continued support :sunglasses:

I would have to think it was the racial stuff s/he was putting up.

If if was supposed to be sarcastic and/or humorous, it wasn’t. It came across as ignorant, unnecessary and uncalled for.

The line was crossed.

Strange. It must have been a matter of nasty personal e-mails, because his recent posts have been perfectly benign.

forumosa.com/taiwan/search.p … ming+Jesus

I agree that he has voiced some offensive views in the past, but he’s a good member of the community who adds to the mixture. It seems to me that banning should be reserved for only the very few extremely egregious offenders, who repeatedly use intense racist, sexist or hate-filled language in a large number of posts, or repeatedly send offensive pms, or repeatedly spam, despite having been warned to stop such behavior. As far as I know SJ didn’t come anywhere close to that standard. :s

[quote]Bigotry
Do not post hateful, racist, sexist, homophobic, ethnic, or anti-religious (including anti-agnostic and anti-atheistic) bigotry. Unambiguous expressions of bigotry will be deleted, and will often result in the immediate suspension and possible banning of the individual responsible.

If it is not clear whether a comment is bigoted, we will generally give the benefit of the doubt and assume the least-bigoted interpretation. However, individuals who repeatedly post borderline-bigoted comments will be considered bigots and will be removed. [/quote]

That could be why you don’t find it…trust me though, I read them soon after he wrote them, and found myself thinking, what’s up with this guy?

Too bad, because I too enjoyed reading his posts. :frowning:

I definitely disagree with SJ on many things, but he is a long-standing poster on Forumosa who adds controversy and provokes debate with his posts. I hope his offenses can be made more public, so the “general members” can judge for themselves if he deserves to be banned or suspended. Of course, we trust the judgements of the moderators, its just when a senior member (over 1000 posts) gets banned or suspended, its nice to get some more information, not just crumbs.

Maybe if we we all complained, i.e. start a petition, the mods will see that they aren’t always acting in our best interests. If banning Screaming Jesus isn’t what WE want then can’t we do something about it? There is a lot more of us than there are of them?

Tom, rabble rouser, Hill.

(rabble rouser, I crack myself up.)

[quote=“TomHill”]Maybe if we we all complained, i.e. start a petition, the mods will see that they aren’t always acting in our best interests. If banning Screaming Jesus isn’t what WE want then can’t we do something about it? There is a lot more of us than there are of them?

Tom, rabble rouser, Hill.

(rabble rouser, I crack myself up.)[/quote]

You’re assuming this is a democracy. :slight_smile:

As for giving us what we want…I was really turned off. If he’d said the same stuff in a bar, I’d have walked away. I don’t want that stuff at all. It sets a tone for all the “unrelated” things that follow: as in, “He’s got a point, but he is a racist.” Is he? I dunno. But I knkow I didn’t like what he wrote, and someone else higher up didn’t either.

I don’t know this guy, and it may be a case of playfully toeing the line until he got called on it. It’s a shame, because once you get this kind of label, it’s tough to get rid of it.

great…here we go, another 14 page debate on a banning coming up.

not from me…I have nothing more to say. :slight_smile:

Saving virtual trees.

Sigh, here we go again, a bunch of we-would-be-better-moderators-than-you saying they can’t see why someone was suspended. Of course you can’t see what he did wroung, the offending posts have been removed, if they’re bad enough to get him suspended they’re bad enough to be removed :doh:
And look how silly you looked when mod lang came out and said what he did wrong, “Oh yeah, he wasn’t banned for nothing after all like you said” :unamused:

Screaming Jesus has not been banned yet, no vote has taken place yet.

And posting feedback in the open forum is not the best way to show us you know how forumosa works better than the moderators.

Let’s see it.

SJ is one of the most interesting and best informed posters on the sight. I’ve liked all his posts that I’ve read except for one. I wish somebody could say the same about my posting.

A long time ago in a thread debate between cold front and bulaien he made a pretty sad remark about blacks and their IQ’s but he referenced it and it was thrashed out.

Perhaps he took some revenge on Namahottie for having that comment in her signature. If that was the case then she was asking for a fight. So did SJ let fly with some more bigoted opinions or what?

Now all we are left with is speculation.

Let’s see the standard by which the rule is applied.