Banning Kids Part Dos

[quote=“Edgar Allen”][quote=“Traveller”]

And the poll is 50% to 37% against banning, and considering it is a poll of less than 60 people, is hardly indicative.[/quote]

Traveller you missed the people who said Yes but not my kids. Last time I loked it was 49:51 or thereabouts in your favour but has been consistently hovering around the 50:50 mark.

I would have thought you woudl congratulated me on actually trying to do something about it. After all, surely you would like a nice comfy family area to sit in with your brood when flying?[/quote]

Edgar, i did not miss it, i deliberately left it out, as it is a cop out. I would imagine, that if the only answer were yes and no, then the vote would still be about the same as i suggested, as the yes, but not my kids would have gone the same way.

I have a nice comfy area to sit in with my brood, it is called business class, but thank you.

Traveller

The things you are saying and the subtext are unbelievable. Just because you want to take your 2 year old on holiday does not make it the right thing to do. Just because I don’t want to hear them squalling when their eardrums burst does not make it the wrong thing either…although deliberatley putting your child in a painful situation for your own pleasure could spawn an episode or two of Gerry Springer I’m sure.

I don’t think anyone here is really trolling but there is obviously quite a big divide on this.

Lets accept that there are some situations in which children cannot avoid traveling. We all know that this is not the only time that children travel as there are far too many kids on planes for this to be the case. The choice to be a parent is a serious one, the way that you enact with others outside the family group will affect how your children in turn react with others.

I believe from some of your posts that your children are well behaved, well mannered etc. and commend you for this. The thread was not designed to enrage you personally I am sure, but you must realise every time you travel you and your family are in danger of either upsetting other passengers or indeed being upset by them. The clear divide illustrated in the poll makes this almost a given.

If nothing else I am sure that we are all learning and re-evaluating our positions from following the thread, which is now more than 20 pages long…enough said?

20 pages of :blah: :blah: :blah: I have done my share of flying around the world and I can honestly said I have been more bothered by adults than kids, maybe I should start a thread “Banning Adults” which would actually make much, much more sense than this one.
You can go on another 20 pages with this thread but the fact will remain, kids will never be banned…what a silly idea really!

[quote=“Edgar Allen”]Traveller

The things you are saying and the subtext are unbelievable. Just because you want to take your 2 year old on holiday does not make it the right thing to do. Just because I don’t want to hear them squalling when their eardrums burst does not make it the wrong thing either…although deliberatley putting your child in a painful situation for your own pleasure could spawn an episode or two of Gerry Springer I’m sure.[/quote]

I am no more deliberately putting her in a painful situation, than i do any time she goes on a bus, in a car or any other moving transport.

[quote=“Edgar Allen”]Lets accept that there are some situations in which children cannot avoid traveling. We all know that this is not the only time that children travel as there are far too many kids on planes for this to be the case. The choice to be a parent is a serious one, the way that you enact with others outside the family group will affect how your children in turn react with others.

I believe from some of your posts that your children are well behaved, well mannered etc. and commend you for this. The thread was not designed to enrage you personally I am sure, but you must realise every time you travel you and your family are in danger of either upsetting other passengers or indeed being upset by them. The clear divide illustrated in the poll makes this almost a given.[/quote]

Indeed, over the many years i have been flying, i have been upset by the children of others, but i also accept that travel not only sometimes is a must, but is also good for the child.

DM points out that he has learnt a great deal from his experiences, and by going to other countries at a time when the child is like a sponge soaking up all the world has to offer, is also beneficial for their growth.

Our greatest responsibility as a parent is to give them a proper upbringing that instills correct ways and values of living. An element within that, is the acceptance of others, including the often very different attitudes and ways of doing things. By allowing kids to travel, gives them exactly that

BTW, at what age do you believe that kids should be allowed to fly?

Agree with igorveni on this one. Adults are far worse. I once had a guy wake me up to ask me to move to the back of the plane so he and his wife could sit together.

Bollocks. I took my young son on vacations. He had a set of Lego to keep him occupied. He’d build planes and crash them into the back of the seat or practice crash landing on the runway in the aisles.

I’d suggest if you don’t like flying with kids you charter your own private flight. Kids are just as human as you are and have the same rights.

Worst flights I’ve ever been on are with those on rugby and football tours.

Well you must realize I paid for the bloody tickets and therefor have the right to travel with my kids. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Some passengers will just get upset at anything. Their seats are uncomfortable, they don’t like the food, the movies or the fact that another passenger has to sit next to them. :bicker: :bicker:

It’s selfish attitudes like this that make flying a chore. :raspberry: :raspberry:

I hope that on Friday when I go to Thailand I don’t get any like these.

Damn those visa runs :whistle: :whistle:

Hmm and Mr He thinks I am the one trolling?

[quote=“igorveni”]20 pages of :blah: :blah: :blah: I have done my share of flying around the world and I can honestly said I have been more bothered by adults than kids, maybe I should start a thread “Banning Adults” which would actually make much, much more sense than this one.
You can go on another 20 pages with this thread but the fact will remain, kids will never be banned…what a silly idea really![/quote]

Thank you.
Flying is sh%t: being locked in an aluminium tube, being fed diarriea(sp), being dehydrated, squashed between a bawling infant and an obese serial killer from Radiation Leak Min. just to arrive at some horrible airport at 3 o’clock in the morning for a 3 hour immigration queue etc etc.
It is torture. Ban kids? Why not ban flying! Why do we do this to ourselves?

If Edgar Allen ever ends up in the same plane as my daughters and I, I willpoint him out to them and tell him that the “uncle” over there loves kids - especially if they do their best to disturb him.

When instructed to do so, they can raise hell.

(1) I think that’s quite funny, Mr He. :laughing: :bravo:

(2) Edgar Allen, would you mind clarifying whether your suggestion is that color=blue[/color] one or more given restaurants/airlines institute this ban (and thereby enrich themselves on the travel dollars of all those, like yourself, who would choose such airlines due to their prohibition), or color=blue[/color] it should be a government imposed mandate?

Apologies in advance if I missed this in Part 1 of this thread (I did read it fairly quickly), but this does seem to be an important difference. After all, there are plenty of businesses that cater to the wishes of their clients by providing an atmosphere free of loud-noise, smoke, and yes… also children.

In other words, if there were truly a significant demand for “child free flights”, the thought occurs that one of the sharp and greedy people who study this for a living may have come upon the notion. Naturally not all airlines would --just as not all restaurants or entertainment venues cater exclusively to adults-- but if enough of a market exists then surely some enterprising entrepreneurs would see this possibility.

Of course, if your suggestion is that this prohibition should be legally required, (i.e. whether the market desires it or not) then this question would be mute… :ponder:

Cheers,
H

Oooooh, Mr. Poe, Hobbes is after you. You didn’t know this, but now you’re in big trouble. You should have stayed against the wind of him.

He doesn’t post much outside the IP, but when he does, he’s merciless. He just seems like a nice person, but don’t be fooled.

The best you can do is ignore his post. Just pretend like you didn’t go online for a few days or something, until it blows over.

Or, you can always come back as another poster.

Best of luck to you!

Tash

Mr(Mrs/Ms?) Hobbes does not scare me as he/she/it obviously has not read the thread thoroughly. I have not actually reccomended a ban on children flying. I have suggested (to the airlines) that they implement family only seating and thus save the issues caused by badly behaved children (Which does not include all children least of all those who have been properly brought up). I have also suggested that children probably shouldn’t be out in restaurants at all hours of the night but it really isn’t the restaurants job to police this (or is it?).

I love kids, have no issue spending tie with them, winding them up and give them back to their parents. . . . hang on this has all been said why am I even defending myself?

Go talk to traveller and DM.

Or moot. :wink:

Is this mandatory for all flying children and their parents? My kids behave impeccably on flights, thanks to my careful breeding and raising. Why on earth should I have to be penalised by having to sit with Mr. He’s screaming Danes when I have taken great pains with my children to ensure the peace and quiet of other travellers?

That’s a great idea. Put all the kids on an airplane together. :unamused:

bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

deep breath

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Or moot. :wink:[/quote]

That’s coot. :smiley:

:fume:

How dare you misspell my
(nearby)
city’s former mayor’s name!

:fume:

:wink: