Barcelona tapas bar and restaurant

The first eat all you can tapas and paellas in taipei! For the month of december, we are revising our dinner menu to cater to the distinct taste of our customers, we will be adding a wide variety of mouth-watering tapas to choose from, and if ever you dont feel like having the eat all you can menu, then you can order ala carte with a special price of nt$500 for five tapas! So that means only nt$100 for each plate!
Imported draft beers like San MIguel, Stella and Foster’s will be available on tap and of course our superb cocktails mixed by our lovely and friendly bartender Joyce are also available at a very reasonable price, so whether its a company party, boys night out, or just a simple date with your special someone, we promise you an evening to remember! and dont worry when visiting us coz our staff are all fluent in english, so hope to see you soon!

Ate there last night.

Nice venue; nice staff; nice service; nice food.

I’ll go back. :wink:

barcelona wrote:

Tapas and paellas sounds great. Where can we find this place? Contact info?

:doh: To answer my own question:

26, Ln 131, Yanji St, Taipei
(02) 8772 6753

Just catching up on this week’s news I found a favorable review of this place in the TT:

taipeitimes.com/News/feat/ar … 2003274845

Sounds good, can’t wait to try it.

A new tapas with every new glass of wine or draft beer?
Pricing?
Hell…again, I lament not having a place like this in the crown jewel city of Taiwan.

added: The TT review, while favorable, is not really of much use as far as the fare goes. Shame.

IMO, the simpler the tapas the better.
Dried sardines in olive oil & garlic - mejelones.
A dish of olives and dried tomatoes in olive oil & carlic.
A dish of peanuts.
Toasted bread with olive oil, salt & pepper.
Simple and served with each new drink.

Tried this place a few days ago. We had a nice relaxing dinner there. Took the NT$499 all-you-can-eat deal. They had a nice array of choices for tapas and rice dishes. Tried several and all good quality and many tasty. Little pizzas, wings, paellas, Spanish rice, etc. All good and they kept them coming as long as we ordered. At NT$499 it

we went there last night and were very disappointed… it is not what we expected from a tapas bar or spanish restaurant. the foods were cooked in taiwanese wok fried style… very disappointed… :noway:

To our dear customers,
hi, im Luisa Ting, owner of Barcelona, i have encountered many customers asking about our stella draft beer promotions and usually they thought that its buy 1 take 1, it is buy two take one free, coz our stella draft beer is already discounted when you avail of the all you can eat menu but if you will inform us that you saw our promotion here at this site then we can give you a better deal, I am quite busy nowadays that is why i want to apologize to all the customers for the misunderstanding but i will try to make it up to all of you asap. We promise you better personalize service, better food, and lots of fun! so go check us out! See ya!

Hi LM, im sorry if you find our food not appealing to your taste, but definitely its not as bad as you"ve described. Me and my staff are trying our best everytime to give customers the satisfaction and service that they deserve but your opinion is always welcome, and i promise to take a look at it, well, we are planning to revise our menu to suit the more exquisite diner. just give us a little time and i hope that you will go back someday and be satisfied with what we can offer. i would like to take this opportunity to thank all the customers that supports us and i hope that we can stay here long to be of better service. Thank you for all the suggestions, good or bad, coz it makes us realize what to do to improve the quality of our food and service. Thanks

If you keep this attitude, I think you’ll do just fine. I’ll be making a visit very soon.

If you keep this attitude, I think you’ll do just fine. I’ll be making a visit very soon.[/quote]

I was about to say the very same thing.

If you keep this attitude, I think you’ll do just fine. I’ll be making a visit very soon.[/quote]

I was about to say the very same thing.[/quote]

Joiner.

I was about to say the very same thing.[/quote]

Joiner.[/quote]
Same here. And are the opening hours like in Barcelona (ie. open very late?)

Would someone describe which part of town this is in, or how to get to it, or what MRT stop or bus line it’s near?

I think I saw it the other day (there can’t be too many places with a big sign in front announcing “Tapas”), but don’t recall where I was at the time, other than on a bus in the middle of Taipei. And I’m not even sure which bus.

It’s off YianJi St, just south of Civic Boulevard. The lane runs east-west, and the restaurant is on the lane that runs east, and on the right/south side.

Hope that helps.

[quote=“Stray Dog”]It’s off YianJi St, just south of Civic Boulevard. The lane runs east-west, and the restaurant is on the lane that runs east, and on the right/south side.

Hope that helps.[/quote]
So you mean, if I was standing on the corner of Chunghsiao East Road and Guangfu S Road, facing the entrance of Pizza Hut (is it still there?) - which would mean I’m facing north, I would turn left and walk west. There’s one of those OSIM massage chair stores on the next corner (which is Yanji St), but I should take the NEXT lane, which comes directly after that first corner? Then turn right (north) and look for the tapas bar?

If you were standing in front of the Pizza Hut on the Cnr of Zhong Hsiao and Guangfu then walk West along Zhong Hsiao to Yanji Jie turn right on Yanji Jie and walk up Yanji Jie to lane 191 which is on your right going north on Yanji Jie. Turn Right down that alley and the Barcelona is on your right. It has a large heavy wooden door and white stucco. Open that door and enter. Move swiftly to the bar and order a drink. Relax you’re there.

From Pizza Hut, go west on Zhongxian E. Rd.

Go right after the MRT station and take the first
left. Walk into the park. Look in the windows
and see what you see. Walk in if it is what you
are looking for. I’m gonna take my own advice
soon.

Wow, there are TWO tapas bars in Taipei?? 'Cause I was nowhere near Sun Yat Sen Memorial for sure.

Thanks, I’ll have to go by there some night. :notworthy:

Hi again, thank you very much for all the positive feedback from all of you, it really encourages me to go on and always be at our best. Regarding the question about our location, i think the best way is to take the mrt, sun yat sen memorial station, exit 1, and i always tell all the customers the same, when you get out of the station, walk straight and when you see Hi-Life convenience store, turn left and you can immediately see our neon sign that says Barcelona Tapas Bar & Restaurant. Re: the operation hours, we are open as late as 2am, but to make sure, i will suggest that you make a reservation, our company telephone number is 8772-6753 or just dial my cell #0916162368. Thank you again and i hope to see all of you in the near future! :slight_smile: