Barcelona tapas bar and restaurant

The first eat all you can tapas and paellas in taipei! In addition to this, for the month of december, we are revising the menu to cater to the distinct taste of our customers, expect a wide variety of Tapas! and not only that, we have a special promotion for all the tapas lovers, if you dont feel like ordering the eat all you can menu, then you can avail of the special offer of choosing five tapas for nt$500. So that means only nt$100 for each plate!
Imported draft beers will also be available at a very reasonable price, and of course, the cocktails! Sangrias will be available per glass or pitcher, so i would like to take this opportunity to invite everyone to visit us, whether its company parties, boys night out or just a simple relaxing date with your special someone, we guarantee you an evening to remember! please view this site for the stores operation hours.

Lundh hours is from 12 noon to 230 pm and dinner time is from 5pm to 11pm, our contact number is 02-87726753, if you want to make a reservation to have the best seat then feel free to call us! Our complete address is daan district, yanji st. lane 131, no.26 :slight_smile:

So what is the cost of the all-you-can-eat?

I might pay a visit if I know what your restaurant is called and/or where it is.

Sorry for the incomplete information, we are Barcelona Tapas Bar and Restauran located at Yanji st. lane 131, no. 26. Our telephone number is 0287726753 if ever you want to make any reservations, we are very near the Sun Yat Sen Mrt station, Exit 1, just a two minute will get you to us, hope to see you soon! Thanks :slight_smile: And by the way, the cost of the all you can eat is nt$499+10% tax.

i would like to take this opportunity to personally thank the River Dancers! :slight_smile: . I am one of those lucky ones to have the chance to meet them personally, of course because they went to our restaurant to hang out, at first i didnt have any idea who they are, but they politely introduced themselves and oh boy! its really exciting! :slight_smile: They are only staying here in Taipei for a couple of days for their series of shows here and after that, off they go again to God knows where. But one thing is for sure, i wont forget them and will always be glad and excited to have the opportunity to be of service to them. go guys! break a leg and have a good show! :bravo:

Hi again to everyone, just want to inform everybody that we are offering a special deal for xmas diners, 499 all you can eat tapas and paellas, add nt100 and get a glass of our house red wine, if you dont feel like ordering the eat all you can menu, we also offer set menus, choice of one tapas, maincourse, soup, salad and a drinks for a very reasonable price, so go check us out! :slight_smile:

I have been there the day before yesterday with my wife and kid.
Walking in the place there was an overwhelming smell of toilet detergent, don’t know if it was lemon or lavender, we got seated and after ordering the menu the smell was just too umbearable and we asked to change sit. Then we realized that the toilets don’t have a close door rather it is a saloon type door, although nobody else in the place seems bothered by that.
I was thrilled about eating a Paella but was soooo disapointed when it arrived. I was presented with a plate with rice/tomato sauce a few piece of overcooked chicken, some greenpepper slices and some green peas with onions., it didn’t look nor taste like a paella…
My son had some pasta curry, which were…OK and my wife had some tapas which looked OK.
I was really disapointed with the “Paella”, Barcelona I really wonder how can you advertise a paella when it so obviously isn’t?

Hi Igor, i am Luisa Ting, the owner of Barcelona, i am really very sorry bout your unpleasant visit to us, about the detergent, it was lavender and i didnt know that it will smell like that, it was plugged underneath so you can really smell it but its not the toilet that is smelling, maybe i just had the wrong choice of scent to buy but rest assured that i will immediately remove it. About the paella, our way of doing it is taught to us by my spanish friend here in Taipei who works in the Spanish Embassy, i havent receive any complaints before about our paella but i will surely take notice of your suggestion. Just hope that you will go back and i can assure you that it will be different the next time.

Happy New Year to every Forumosans, greetings from Barcelona Tapas Bar and Restaurant, may this year be prosperous for everyone!

Happy Year of the Dog to everyone from Barcelona Tapas Bar and REstaurant!!! New year, new hope and of course new and exciting promotion and shows! I would like to personally invite each and everyone to join us this February 25 for our first FLAMENCO DANCE PARTY! Those who are interested to watch the show, please feel free to contact us for details or email me if you have any questions at jting_lt@yahoo.com.
We are currently cooperating with a famous Flamenco dance instructor to hold a regular show at the restaurant regularly, so hope to see everybody there!

:astonished: I don’t mind watching birds dance occasionally but a restaurant full of flamingos? That will be some show.

BroonAviary

HAHAHA! Thats a good point! Thank you for correcting me, sorry for the mistake :blush: . well just hope that i will see you there at the dance party and we can have a good laugh at my mistake!
Dont worry, im a good sport! :smiley: gotta go correct it immediately or else my english teacher will kill me! :wink:

Hi again to everybody! just like to inform those who are interested to join us on Feb.25 that we will charge nt$600 for each person but it is consumable. Those who are interested to join us can call 02-87726753 for early reservations. We are the only second restaurant to have this show so i hope everybody will take time to check us out! See you all!

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Yeah! Its already tomorrow! I mean the Flamenco dance party, we are almost fully booked for tomorrow night, but i just have one sentiment, why isnt any formusans reserving for the party :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: . but im not losing hope, i still hope that some of u guys will show up tomorrow! :slight_smile: Just be sure to be early to have a good seat!

Myself and two fellow forumosans went to Barcelona for dinner on Saturday 25th. We had been looking forward to going for quite some time.

We hadn’t checked Forumosa for this info, so we were unaware of the ‘special occasion’, Flamenco and 600NT minimum charge. When calling to book, we were not warned of this fact and it caught us by surprise.

Overall, a disappointing experience. For 3090NT (1K pp) we left hungry and in perfect driving condition. Nice atmosphere, very nice show, but authenticity ends there, because the food and sangria were barely acceptable. Service lacked professionalism.

I think the staff and management have good intentions but poor execution, so instead of listing all that was wrong, I will PM

Hi tash, i believe we’ve met, yes i am the manager of barcelona, the one who asked you if everything is okay, anyway i would like to personally apologize to you guys if you are dissappointed with your visit with us, it is our first time to organize such dance party so i think we’ve really encountered many problems which i think is natural because we are still a neophyte when it comes to organizing such events, but i would like you to know that your suggestion is welcome and noted. I appreciate you taking time to review our restaurant because it will help me a lot in avoiding such mistakes again in the future. I just hope that you will give us a second chance and visit us again and i promise that it will be different next time. :blush: :slight_smile:

I passed down your restaurant and something that stroke me was having Barcelona written over the spanish flag. Guess that someone from Barcelona wouldn’t really apreciate that, as it is very dificult to see anything else than the senyera (catalonian flag) over there. Also, the Flamenco is from the Andaluzia area, and it is dificult to see it in Barcelona.

As for menu, I wonder if the person who you know from the spanish embassy is from Barcelona, because you are missing the “pa amb tomaca”, which is an institution in Catalonia. If anyone wants to know how to do it, here it goes:

• toast some bread, but only just to make it hot
  • cut a garlic in half, and scrub it gently in the bread
  • cut a tomato in half, and scrub it gently in the bread (make sure the bread is all covered with tomato juice)
  • add olive oil (preferably a low acidity one, mountain type), salt and if you like it white wine vinager (also, low acidity one)
  • serve with any type of charcuterie that you like (if you can find “fuet” in TW, you will have a full catalonian dish)

Hope everyone can enjoy this recomendation…

[quote]As for menu, I wonder if the person who you know from the Spanish embassy is from Barcelona, because you are missing the “pa amb tomaca”, which is an institution in Catalonia. If anyone wants to know how to do it, here it goes:

• toast some bread, but only just to make it hot
  • cut a garlic in half, and scrub it gently in the bread
  • cut a tomato in half, and scrub it gently in the bread (make sure the bread is all covered with tomato juice)
  • add olive oil (preferably a low acidity one, mountain type), salt and if you like it white wine vinager (also, low acidity one)
  • serve with any type of charcuterie that you like (if you can find “fuet” in TW, you will have a full catalonian dish)
    [/quote]
    So simple. So fantastic.
    Drop the fries – what kind of “tapas” is fries, anyway! – and add Mr Boogie’s tomato bread – make sure you use good bread. There’s plenty available in Taipei these days.
    As for fuet, that’s the kind of thing you SHOULD be importing yourself if you are trying to be a foreign restaurant and charging up-market prices these days. And some salt cod. How the hell can you have a tapas bar with no bacalao? Where is your botifarra blanca, your botifarra negra, your Serrano jam

And, after having lived in Spain for 8 years, I can ask where is your local draft beer?
And a vino tinto?
New tapas with every refill ?
And meijilones? Delightful little dried fish with garlis & olive oil over them.
Fresh bread with olive oil ? real Spanish Olive Oil?