BARK, AKA Animals Taiwan Kaohsiung

Me like! :notworthy: :bravo: :wink:

Here’s the final draft. Pretty much the same with a clarifiation and a small other change.

"Animals Taiwan Kaohsiung (ATK), is an affiliate of Animals Taiwan in Taipei. Founded in April 2006, we are a non-profit charitable organization run by volunteers who believe animal suffering is unnecessary and unjust. We believe that kindness to our furry friends will make our world a better place.

Our mission has many fronts driven by the passion of each and every one of our volunteers and supporters. We are working with the community to raise awarness about the stray overpopulation in Southern Taiwan. We strive to help pet owners better understand their animal companions, and also to create more hope for homeless and suffering animals on a case by case basis.

Southern Taiwan has the heart, the compassion and the resources to address this challenge. It’s through the help of kind hearts and generous hands like yours that we are moving forward to the day when animals are no longer sick, hungry and homeless."

bobepine

At last! Our first even will take place Saturday, May 6. It’s a Mother’s Day event and there will be quite a few people there.

We’ll have goodies and some really awesome dogs there with us. Every kid will get a lollipop for petting our gentle furry friends. It’s all for good fun and to help some pooches.

Also, we are having our next meeting Sunday May 7, at 6PM.

PM or email me if you need directions for either the event or the meeting or if you have any questions.

We’re looking forward to meeting you all. :notworthy:

Chris

Hey, Chris, way to go! :bravo: :notworthy:

PM ukbikerchic for the prices of the merchandise.

Best of luck with the event! :slight_smile:

Hi all,

Finally our website is up and running. You can visit us at www.ATKaohsiung.org The website is still under construction and it will be for quite a while yet so bare with us. You can view most of the animals we rescued under the adoption tab and you can read a bit about us as well.

Next Monday, May 15 we are having a Trivia night at The Lighthouse. For those less familiar, it’s one of the most popular foreigner venue in Kaohsiung. It’s a “Brasserie” style place with excellent food, great staff and a very cozy atmosphere. Keith and Dale, Founders of www.connectKaohsiung.com and also members of ATK are organising and coordinating this event. The entry fee will be 100NT and 100% of the proceeds will be spent on paying vet bills. :notworthy:

This coming June 11th, we also have another event at Pet World on the corner of Boai and Chungde road, in Zuoying district. (That’s about 5 minutes away from the Lighthouse.) We will have many pooches and maybe some kitties with us who all need homes.

Then we have another event planned for this coming June at a local bar. trapjaw and another one of our volunteers are organizing this event. I’m looking forward to see Mr. trapjaw dj in action. :wink: I will post the exact date or maybe trapjaw will do that once things are confirmed.

Pm me or email if you need direction to events or if you have any questions.

Chris

Yeah, no exact date as of yet, but the owner of the bar is cool, I’m sure any time will be cool with him. I’ll be playing everything from early 50s rock 'n roll to stuff like Rage Against the Machine and System of A Down. Expect anything classic and rocking from 1950 - 2005… :sunglasses:

Gotta try think of a good name for the party too.

Have you put up info about the quiz night in the events forum? Like what time, number of people per team, etc, etc? I hope it’s not too early - I gotta work until 10pm on Monday… But I’ll definitely get a team together.

Hi ATKaohsiung,

I think you guys are
[color=red]S[/color][color=blue]W[/color][color=green]E[/color][color=orange]L[/color][color=violet]L[/color]

I checked out your site and I’m thinking how and why you guys do the things you do. Very touched.

[quote=“trapjaw”]
Have you put up info about the quiz night in the events forum? Like what time, number of people per team, etc, etc? I hope it’s not too early - I gotta work until 10pm on Monday… But I’ll definitely get a team together.[/quote]You can get a team together if you want but be sure to warn them that my team will win. I know, it’s blunt and it sounds like not so much fun but I know people will be even more frustrated if they are not warned in advance. I will do ANYTHING to win, period!

Seriously, I’m not sure what time, but I’m assuming it will start around 9pm. (I will confirm later) I have to work the morning after so I won’t be staying very late. I’ll take my prize and I’ll split quickly. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks to you 914. You have a part in this, don’t forget that. :wink:

bobepine

Hi all,

Two reasons for this post.

First, I know you guys up in Tapei are using donation boxes. I got a quote down here for 700NT per box. It’s too much, I bought 2300NT worth of tools instead. I made one today that we will be using for several events. It’s quite big. I plan to make more in the same style but they will be tiny compared to that. I used recycled wood from old pallets.

The other reason is I just want to bragg about it. :sunglasses:

Check it out, with Lucky doing his sit and stay trick.

The rear view with the little locking door.

And one from above.

I have to add the ATK logo and other information yet and I want to heat-engrave “Lucky” above the door too. :slight_smile:

bobepine

I changed my mind, no room for “Lucky” above the door.

bobepine

Hey Chris,

I think what you guys are doing is awesome. If you ever need any webspace or advertising space just let me know I’d be happy to donate some bandwidth or a benner ad to you guys.

Doug

www.ktown411.net

[quote=“ktown411”]Hey Chris,

I think what you guys are doing is awesome. If you ever need any webspace or advertising space just let me know I’d be happy to donate some bandwidth or a benner ad to you guys.

Doug

www.ktown411.net[/quote]

Hi Doug,

Thanks a lot for the generous offer, we will take you up on that for sure. I looked at your website and I think it’s pretty nice, I like the topics. I ran into problems when registering but that’s another story… I will send you a pm about that and about the banner.

Welcome to Fmosa! :slight_smile:

bobepine

Excellent! I await your pm.

Doug

Animals Taiwan Kaohsiung, previously known as BARK, was born in April 2006. Six months later, it’s time to have a look at what we’ve done… It’s time to let you guys know what we’ve been up to, and where we are heading from here.

Since last April, we have improved the lives of over 70 animals. Most were re-homed, some were returned to the streets as a part of our CNR program (Catch Neuter Return), and some are still currently under our care. In the last seven weeks alone, we re-homed 14 pets.

Coming up this mid-October, we are having our biggest event to date. Some key members, as well as many volunteers have been putting a lot of effort into planning this event. The response and support we are recieving from the community continues to amaze us. It’s very encouraging to know that so many people out there care deeply for our south-dwelling four-legged friends.

ATK is now a fully fledged organisation composed of a handful of important key members, several volunteers, several sponsors, cooperating vets and pets stores, etc. And it still only the beginning!

So what’s next for ATK? Back when Natasha and I started this organisation, we just wanted others to help us so that we could help more animals. Our wishes were met ten fold. We were able to help many more animals. Now we are planning to do even more! What we need now is our own holding center where we can prepare animals for adoption and operate our CNR program more actively. We need a physical address where people can not only visit our animals, but also help us care for them.

More hands, more accessibility, more animals is what we need to further the impact that we are making against the suffering of animals. So stay tuned! We’ll be announcing the inauguration of our very own holding center soon.

I will keep you updated on our progress. All of us will make a difference together. At the end of the day, every bit of comfort we bring to our forgotten best friends makes it all worth it.

Chris

Co-founder, Animals Taiwan Kaohsiung