Baseball - CPBL the only league to have opened in 2020

Blame Ichiro and overmanaging.

It’s nice to see how much Rakuten Monkeys had prepared for having an audience. The infrared thermometers is much more high tech than what most places use in Taiwan. I’m glad they can still put it to good use on the players and staff. Hopefully this thing will be over before the playoff.

1 Like

Aboriginal dance?

Could be, although Chen Yu-hsun (陳禹勳) is definitely not an Aborigine.

Rock-you-tain?

I thought it was Rock-ten.

Well we got Manny’s attention.
中職再曼尼一次。
He lit up the league last time. CPBL was averaging 9,000 per game the three months her was there.

2 Likes

Well… I don’t think his complaining about Taiwan after quitting half way through the season won the hearts of fans…

What did he say? I missed it.

He complained about the food and the lack of food (or that the food wasn’t provided in a buffet form) and having to do his own laundry (or that he has to place his laundry in a laundry bag, instead of leaving them in the locker and have someone pick it up for him) and the living environments and the ballparks.

Well, can’t blame him for the last one, the ballparks are mediocre now, they were pretty terrible when Manny came around.

-No food was a mistranslation or exaggeration.
-Do your own laundry is true.
-Yes, stadiums are junk. 高國輝 heard Japanese and Korean players complain about Taoyuan during international tourneys, our best stadium.

1 Like

No one does their own laundry in CPBL, not even local talents. They simply have to put their laundry in a bag and throw the bag into a bin for the laundromat.

1 Like

I’ve been a die hard fan for La New Bears, Lamigo Monkeys and now Rakuten Monkeys, but I don’t think Taoyuan is our best stadium. I can’t say for the amenities in the locker room because I won’t ever get to see them, but in terms of the playing field, and the angle of view from the stands, I think Taichung is the closest to a minor league stadium in the US.

OK yeah Manny is kinda crazy.

But I can understand why he might say those things, and most of them weren’t really meant as criticisms and were taken out of context, but for a lot of fans it wasn’t a good look.

Manny’s general gist is correct. Japanese and Korean national teams have cooks on their planes. Make players buy their own food, c’mon. Good thing they shared premier 12 earnings with the players this time.

Players are not treated well or respected in Taiwan.

高Thought Taoyuan was the best stadium.

1 Like

Intercontinental is the best stadium and not junk at all. Most of the pro fields are basura. Tien mu is beautiful. Taoyuan not junk bit its too Asian pro league style with the seating, not close enough… Intercon can get right behind the dish.

1 Like

I never been to any of them.

He left before mizuno can deliver a bunch of bats they made for him. I bought 1they didn’t know what to do with because it was to heavy for locals. But I never used it in a game, it’s a bit too heavy for me for game time situations. But fun in the batting cages.

1 Like

Taoyuan is worth the visit for the effort the team put into investing the stadium. Taichung Intercontinental is worth visiting because it’s just a well designed stadium.

2 Likes

Not sure what the Taiwan Times is, seems to be one Mark Buckton I guess. He seems to have some interesting Taiwan sports journalism though.

2 Likes