⚾ Baseball | MLB

Cleveland ties it up in extra innings.

That’s about it, too. They blew it.

And this

And I think the Phillies are in as well.

I somehow like Kwan. :kissing_heart:

blooped to death, late, 2 games in a row. grrr.

Cole will not stop. Looks good for a win in the Bronx tonight.

The series deserved another game. :popcorn:

1 Like

nestor looking filthy out there but getting pulled due to short rest. hope the bullpen doesn’t blow it

1 Like

Cole is warming up.

Not needed.

Yankees headed toward Houston-town.

Did anyone see the Naylor quote after it ended, about Yankees fans chanting “who’s your daddy?” at him? He liked it.

“That was awesome. That was so sick. That was honestly like a dream come true as a kid…The fact that I got that going throughout the whole stadium, I think that was sick.”

1 Like

The way it should be.

I like when pros shows they’re having fun. Naylor with the baby thing though… his dumbass was still losing, and his ,194 ass wasn’t anyone’s daddy in this series.

much more appropriate when it looks like you’re going to win the series. :wink:

1 Like

Well up to that point they did look like they were going to win. Only a game from clinching, down against Cole in the one where he did that, but if he had rallied his guys based on that, they came back and won game 4 to go to the ALCS, we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Can’t fault him at all, doesn’t matter what his average was. Hit a dinger off Cole, down by one, two(?) runs at the time, fire up your guys.

It’s funny. Comments like this always say they like fun, but then equate a guy’s batting average to if they’re allowed to have fun…

Um, his home run made it 3-2, Yankees, in the bottom of the 4th, 2 outs…

It doesn’t equate the two at all. The batting average is relevant specifically because he was doing his I’m your daddy thing. He wasn’t anyone’s daddy in this series. He was 1-8 against Cole.

So? They were winning the series 2-1 at that point. Both wins were come-from-behind. It was entirely possible they came back in that game as well, won it and the series. Cole is known for giving up some dingers. They were one solo shot from tying that game. Don’t make it sound like everything was out of reach.

Sure made it sound like you were tying batting average to whether or not a guy is allowed to have fun. Maybe I read it wrong…but unlikely. I see it as an even better reason to celebrate. Break out of a slump against an ace? Fuck yeah, have some fun.

I’ll add this at the end: who cares? Yanks fans made fun of him for it after the series and he embraced it. Let it go.

Yanks getting handled by the long ball.

yes, entirely possible, but “looks like they were going to win”? c’mon now.

:roll_eyes:

All look same!

commentating is at an apex of fucking terrible. I watch most games with the sound down.

3 Likes

Costas has been brutal. I had it in my mind he was much better, but man, tough to listen to games with him.