Basketball Court / Indoor Soccer (Football) Court for Rent?

I’m looking for an indoor venue for coaching my team of little soccer stars. We’ve been practicing outdoors for the past year and it’s been tough going with Taipei’s (shitty) weather. Preferrably in the vacinity of Sogo on Zhongxiao East Rd, but I’m also up for other suggestions.

Thanks in advance for the help! :notworthy:

I’ve been trying for a while to find something similar but it isn’t really happening. The Taipei futsal team said that you can rent Taipei gym (the one near the arena, on nanjing/dunhua) but i guess it’s really expensive. The other sports centres i called said they didn’t have the goals or walls needed for football.

I would say your best bet is to ask the kids parents to see if they could use their school gym - not sure if that’s practical but it might work.

Anyway, i’d like to hear if you find something

Thanks for the reply bro! The problem is that most of my players are from the school that I teach at … and we don’t have an indoor basketball court. I have found one in this area that is on Renai Rd. Sec. 1 in a sports center, not sure of the exact address, but it’s diagonally across from Y17 (Renai Rd. Sec. 1 #17). The problem is that they charge 2000 per hour which is a little steep for us…

Any other ideas?

Suck it up and get muddy! :smiley:

[quote=“teggs”]Thanks for the reply bro! The problem is that most of my players are from the school that I teach at … and we don’t have an indoor basketball court. I have found one in this area that is on Ren’ai Rd. Sec. 1 in a sports center, not sure of the exact address, but it’s diagonally across from Y17 (Ren’ai Rd. Sec. 1 #17). The problem is that they charge 2000 per hour which is a little steep for us…

Any other ideas?[/quote]

That must be the zhong zheng sports centre. I looked at the pictures on their website and it doesn’t look like you could play football there. I will call them tomorrow and ask, 2000 is pretty much average though.

Can’t be much more help I’m afraid. The futsal guy told me they are building a 5-a-side pitch underneath the huazhong bridge in Taipei city but he didn’t say when it’d be done by.

Yes, Zhong Zheng Sports Center is correct (I wasn’t sure of the English name). They do allow soccer to be played on the basketball court and they even have a set of goals. They’re fairly fully booked though, so 2000 is maybe acceptable considering the location.

bump :wink:

Hoop gym rentals is tough. I and some friends looked into that and nothing really came of it. Part of the problem is you really need long-term commitment of a significant number of people 15-20 to make it worthwhile, economically and time-wise.

bump … we’re still looking for an indoor basketball court for rent, hopefully somewhere around Zhongxiao East Road Sec. 3-5…

^ try this school… hsjh.tp.edu.tw/
my friend rents the gym there to play basketball on Sundays. they are located just a couple blocks from Sogo.
they are under renovations right now though. i belive they will be ready again in September.

another school you can try is this… hs.ntnu.edu.tw/
another friend of mine rents this gym to play basketball once a week as well. they are located right across the street from the AIT

Thanks for the info Dre! I’ll get onto it tomorrow and report back in the evening…