BBC + ABC Pulled?! Help: Intelligent Input wanted

Which news channel would be your channel of choice?

• Australian Broadcasting Corp
  • BBC
  • CNN
  • Other
  • TVBS
  • News? Who needs that? We’ve got HBO

0 voters

Has anyone noticed if BBC and Australia Broadcasting Corp have been yanked and been replaced by Redneck TV? This is certainly the case in Hsinchu.

Really quite upsetting. I have been glued to my TV the last few days, enjoying intelligent alternatives to CNN.

Should we be petitioning to have them reinstated? Did that petition re: Star World and other channels that the ICRT guy was running a couple of years back ever achieve anything?

What to do???

Try 104 for BBC. They moved it too in Bali Taipei county.

L :smiley:

Thanks for the info, Limey. 104 it is. They actually made the switch while I was watching last night at 11-ish. First the BBC: pictures changed while sound remained for a few more seconds. It was like they were literally unplugging and plugging in the video and audio plugs as I watched. Same happened with ABC a few minutes later. I see that we do appear to have lost ABC altogether. I just did a quick check through all the channels.

Damn, now I can’t practise my terrible Aussie accent mate!

Bugger.

NO guarantee that the BBC will stay as well.

When a new Chinese channel is allocated to replace the cancelled ones BBC may well go.

The only way to get all the foreign programming and keep it is to have satellite TV. That way you can watch US sports, English EPL & FA Cup, Rugby etc in English.

[quote=“Satellite TV”]NO guarantee that the BBC will stay as well.

When a new Chinese channel is allocated to replace the cancelled ones BBC may well go.

The only way to get all the foreign programming and keep it is to have satellite TV. That way you can watch US sports, English EPL & FA Cup, Rugby etc in English.[/quote]

Best show on the ABC has been Classic Albums with interviews with the band memebrs as they are now. Pink Floyd and Fleetwood Mac have been on recently, quite awesome.

Unfortunately I didn’t get ABC due to the types of sport shown it that would have been the channel for me to have. Though it would just lead me to watching a lot of TV again. I went a year without cable and I found I haven’t gone back to watching a lot of TV now I have cable again.

EDIT: Sorry, I realize now after re-reading the thread title that my input wasn’t wanted in this thread.

[quote=“Matchstick_man”]Unfortunately I didn’t get ABC due to the types of sport shown it that would have been the channel for me to have. Though it would just lead me to watching a lot of TV again. I went a year without cable and I found I haven’t gone back to watching a lot of TV now I have cable again.

EDIT: Sorry, I realize now after re-reading the thread title that my input wasn’t wanted in this thread.[/quote]

No, You make a valid point. And I don;t always get to watch a lot of TV anymore either with all the installs I’m doing. But I usually try to get several days straight at home to catch up. But I end up doing more cooking and housecleaning.

It was good while it lasted. I was able to watch ABC from the bedroom TV on cable. Fortunately, satellite won’t let me down, or Sat TV anyway. It appears that ABC is still there on 93, just in a scrambled state. I wouldn’t write it off yet.

ABC asia/pacific is back on.