Be proud ! Taiwan now a major exporter of culture

They have one or two Taiwanese soap operas on the TV (regular state channels) here in Malaysia and I do watch them occasionally. Gives me a slight feeling of nostalgia …

But this morning I was shocked to switch on the box and see that idiotic show hosted by the guy with the beard (sorry, no idea what it is called). Complete with sounds effects which help to disguise the fact that the actual content is completely inane.

Is this just the first step towards Taiwanese world cultural domination ?

You mean . . . ?

[quote=“pgdaddy1”]They have one or two Taiwanese soap operas on the TV
Booooooing!
(regular state channels) here in Malaysia
Wah-wah-wah-wah!
and I do watch them occasionally.
Brumpbump!
Gives me a slight feeling of nostalgia …
Haaaahuhhahuhhahuh!

But this morning
Beedeedeedinkdeedink!
I was shocked
Boooooing!
to switch on the box
Roooooooowwwwwwr~!
and see that idiotic show
Huuuuuuh?!
hosted by the guy with the beard
BingBong!
(sorry, no idea what it is called). Complete with sounds effects
Schtooooooooink?!
which help to disguise the fact
Brrrrrtrumpbump!
that the actual content
HMMMMMMM?!
is completely inane.
Boioioing!

Is this just the first step
Tippatappatippatappa
towards Taiwanese
Dinggggg!
world cultural domination ?
BahmpBahmpBahmpBahhhhhhmp!
[/quote]

[quote=“zender”]You mean . . . ?

Booooooing!
Wah-wah-wah-wah!
Brumpbump!
Haaaahuhhahuhhahuh!

But this morning
Beedeedeedinkdeedink!
I was shocked
Boooooing!
to switch on the box
Roooooooowwwwwwr~!
and see that idiotic show
Huuuuuuh?!
hosted by the guy with the beard
BingBong!
(sorry, no idea what it is called). Complete with sounds effects
Schtooooooooink?!
which help to disguise the fact
Brrrrrtrumpbump!
that the actual content
HMMMMMMM?!
is completely inane.
Boioioing!

Is this just the first step
Tippatappatippatappa
towards Taiwanese
Dinggggg!
world cultural domination ?
BahmpBahmpBahmpBahhhhhhmp!
[/quote][/quote]

Yes, that would be about right …

You mean this guy?

That guy freaks me out. He’s a reincarnation of Jeremy Beadle, except less funny.

That’s Zhang Fei. He plays a mean saxophone.

You mean this guy?
[/quote]

That’s the guy. And Finley, now you mention it- yes, him and Beadle were surely separated at birth …

You mean this guy?
[/quote]

That’s the guy. And Finley, now you mention it- yes, him and Beadle were surely separated at birth …[/quote]

That’s the guy who’s in all those KTV videos for random English songs…

BTW, the second Taiwan shit pop-culture gets too large, Korea’s gonna stomp it out entirely. They’ve done a good job doing it in Taiwan already, can’t be that hard in other places.

Or this guy from a German TV show.
It seems to be a scheme!

Oh thank you. For years I tried to erase that picture out of my mind where he let down his pants during one of his shows because his elderly women fans cheered when he showed his palm tree undies to them. Tried to forget how he ran around in tennis socks on stage. Finally managed it after leaving the country and living for years and years in Asia. And now! It’s all back! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrg

EDIT: If you really want to know what GERMAN SENSE OF HUMOR is all about, then click on this link. But better don’t. Really don’t. Really really don’t.
http://www.ndr.de/fernsehen/sendungen/hitlisten_des_nordens/fernsehmomente155_v-contentgross.jpg

[quote=“pgdaddy1”]They have one or two Taiwanese soap operas on the TV (regular state channels) here in Malaysia and I do watch them occasionally. Gives me a slight feeling of nostalgia …

But this morning I was shocked to switch on the box and see that idiotic show hosted by the guy with the beard (sorry, no idea what it is called). Complete with sounds effects which help to disguise the fact that the actual content is completely inane.

Is this just the first step towards Taiwanese world cultural domination ?[/quote]

Taiwanese soap operas used to be a lot more popular, and Taiwan used to be a major exporter of entertainment, but in the last ten years or so chabudoism has bit them in the ass and countries like Korea have gobbled up a lot of the market with their own spin on lame, predictable, boring as fuck excuse for TV programming.

[quote=“zender”]You mean . . . ?

Booooooing!
Wah-wah-wah-wah!
Brumpbump!
Haaaahuhhahuhhahuh!
[/quote][/quote]

This cracked me up in the middle of a translation about fish oil capsules. Spot on and well done! :bravo:

Strangely, after listening to the babaBOOM … kaCHING! … wahwahWAAAAH on Taiwanese shows for several years, I now find the sound of canned laughter on US/British shows intensely irritating, whereas before I never really even noticed it.

Zhang Fei’s a man of many talents. Watching his “Big Brother” show in Malaysia now. They just had a foreign guest on, blind American piano player, and Zhang Fei was actually speaking English to him. No-one took the piss out of the foreigner either, probably because he’s blind though.

And it turns out that one of the girls on the panel is from HK and was speaking English to him too.

And on now, a lovely mixed girl- dancer and singer.

My, Taiwan’s becoming quite cosmopolitan !

I am actually quite enjoying this show, am I going mad ?

Quite !

You will see Zhang fei hanging out in a motorcycle club in Taipei. His brother is a well known singer and Taiwan’s version of Ireland’s Daniel O’Donnell, the mammy’s boy with more than a hint of repressed homosexuality and an adoring fan base of 60+ grannies!
If somebody could post pictures or youtubes of the two it would be a good laugh.

And on now, the Taiwanese talent show with the transsexual host(ess). They seem to love Taiwanese TV here in Malaysia. Including, unfortunately, those terrible soap operas.

Okbun, thanks for your photo which I am now inspired enough to use as my avatar …

My latest instalment on Taiwanese television programmes in Malaysia. It’s just after 2am in the morning, I am waiting for the England-Ukraine match to start and flicking through the channels and … lo and behold, a Taiwanese soap opera, from the year 2000- yes a 12 year old Taiwanese soap opera ! Quite watchable too.

The only two iv watched is one with Cindy Wang “Smile Pasta” and the first season of the one with whats her name who is quite an accomplished actress “ISWAK” the TW adaptation of the japanese manga Itazura na Kiss.

Those were pretty good.