Bead Breaking

Can’t see that working here.

You’d need a BFH, plus rubber is bouncy. Might come back in your face.

And if you missed you’d put a BFD in your rim.

1 Like

Negative pressure seems likely to be contra-indicated for a hernia, unless you are cultivating it.

Excuse me?

2 Likes

Why would anyone excuse you?

Your post is full of factual errors and inaccuracies. I hope for you that you handle the brakes of your vehicles more carefully than your words.

1. There was no such memo, or at least it was not made available to all members.
  2. Please note that there are no other professional clowns active on this forum. It’s a real pity.
  3. Some of those responses were pretty funny.
  4. Why the fuck would clowns know about cars and motorcycles? We work almost exclusively with unicycles and undersized tricycles.
  5. Why on earth should we care any more, especially about cars and motorcycles?
  6. Have you tried duck tape?
3 Likes

“1. There was no such memo, or at least it was not made available to all members.”

That would explain the helpful post then. (As I explained)

2. Please note that there are no other professional clowns active on this forum. It’s a real pity.

No mention was made of professionalism. That would imply payment. Perhaps you think people might pay you to stop " I wouldn’t like anything terminally un-funny to happen to your thread" stylee?
Never Happen.

3. Some of those responses were pretty funny.

IF this were true, under the secret clown conspiracy protocol outlined in the secret memo, if such a memo did in fact exist, which I can neither confirm nor deny, they would, by definition, be off-topic.

But I cannot comment on the moderation of this forum, if such moderation does in fact exist.

4. Why the fuck would clowns know about cars and motorcycles?

Hence the secret clown conspiracy protocol outlined in the secret memo, if such a memo did in fact exist, which I can neither confirm nor deny.

“4. We work almost exclusively with unicycles and undersized tricycles.”

This appears to be untrue. This is apparently a "Advanced"training session using a joke car. (VW Neo-Beetle) These are presumably professional clown instructors, confirmed by the complete lack of amusement provided.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESa4tVAf_gY
5. Why on earth should we care any more, especially about cars and motorcycles?

Hence the secret clown conspiracy protocol outlined in the secret memo, if such a memo did in fact exist, which I can neither confirm nor deny.

1. Have you tried duck tape?

See above (earlier, over there)

2 Likes

1 Like

I misread the title. I thought it said “Bread Baking” and so I clicked on this to look for recipes.

4 Likes

It looks like some of my colleagues do indeed make use of motor vehicles. I guess the boom times for undersized tricycle manufacturers are over!

2 Likes

So how long did it take to remove the tire?

Yeast, flour and water.
Plus an oven (or steamer if going ethnic.)

I have got edible results with a microwave but it comes out sort of between steamed and baked, East-West fusion stylee.

Could be worse, You could have been after custard pie recipes.

Hot, wet, long long time.

This guy uses a hammer at just over a minute in, but its a rather unusual hammer-adze-pickaxe hybrid which I don’t remember ever seeing.

Also, he’s American, so of course a lot heavier than me.

A conventional pickaxe might make quite a good heavy duty tyre lever (as opposed to bead breaker) but I havn’t seen one around here lately.

1 Like

I thought I was just being an unfunny clown etc., I actually said something that makes sense!

Accidents will happen.

A useful reminder when doing stuff life this

1 Like

“rather unusual hammer-adze-pickaxe hybrid which I don’t remember ever seeing”

It’s like a bricklayers hammer but two or three times the weight I would guess.

https://www.toolstation.com/brick-hammer/p19030

Very impressive tyre change, the only thing the guy missed on was to use explosive gas to re-seat the tyre on the rim.

3m 24s in

Well, he had a fairly hefty compressor, so that technique wasn’t required. I might have to use it sometime, though I havn’t so far.

WRT the “tactical rifleman” ( as opposed to what, strategic rifleman?) comments on re-inflation, I’d think in an emergency you MIGHT be able to use a squirt of the liquid form of the butane that I’d probably use to blow-on the tyre. (they used something solvent-based by the look of it, which probably would generate insufficient vapour pressure)

I usually have some butane handy, since I have it plumbed in to the air intake as a choke substitute.

Tried it with butane, WD40, and carb cleaner. These all produced quite a lot of flame but I couldn’t get them to go bang.

I suppose I didn’t get the fuel-air mixture right.

Ether? (Dunno if you can buy that)

Gunpowder?

Top Gear did it with zippo lighter fluid on their North Pole expedition

Can’t say that wouldn’t work (or that any of the things I tried wouldn’'t have worked if I’d done it right) but bear in mind that those Top Gear presenters were millionaire media megastar comedians who did not buy their own tyres, and quite often faked stuff.

I THINK Zippo lighter fluid is basically petrol. I wouldn’t expect that to be necessarily more explosive than, say carb cleaner, but I would expect it to leave rubber-unfriendly residues inside the tyre.

Plus I don’t have any, and don;t really have another use for it if I bought some.

I’d think electrolysis of water into H and O would have a fairly high probability of giving an explosive mixture, but that would be a tricky roadside improvisation, with a fairly high probability of killing yourself if you got it to work.

2 Likes