Beards in the Taiwanese workplace

I’ve noticed that Taiwanese aren’t particularly homophobic. I’m not sure why anyone would need a beard here.

Perhaps we can revisit this discussion when you find it necessary to shave each day.

HG

I don’t follow. Do beards protect one from homophobes? Me, I use mine to stop ketchup dripping onto my belly.

I don’t follow. Do beards protect one from homophobes? Me, I use mine to stop ketchup dripping onto my belly.[/quote]

No. Those are ‘Bears’.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_community

Remind you of anyone we know?

Thanks for all of the helpful remarks. I think I’m definately gonna have to grow my beard out (and yes, I will keep it neat :sunglasses: ).

You guys suck.
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=beard

Lose the beard, it’s ugly. Okay, keep it if you want. But lose that particular use of that particular non-copula verb in your poll. That’s way more objectionable than a beard.

Beards in the workplace…no problema! =)

I have a beard. I’m in the Taiwanese workplace. I’m having no problems as such. You get stared at a bit more. People have beard weird.

That’s because they’re still dealing with your skirt and fluffy handbag…

Once, an adult Taiwanese male student of mine gave me a queer look. I was sporting a beard at the time. His look was part worried/confused/disgusted and he seemed to be looking and pointing at my beard.

He asked me “Is there something wrong?” I answered and pointed at my beard irratedly responding “No, this is a beard.”

Having a beard is fine. Just realize that some Taiwanese look at you and wonder “Who died?”

In my case they look at me and wonder “What died? And why are you wearing it on your face?”

As for you, highwave? That’s rich, specially coming from an Edward VII lookalike.
(You DO know, everybody, don’t you, that highwave had to shave off his because he got tired of people asking him where his submarine was.)