Bearing the Cross

Nice Bushus Christ avatar there.

This happens in Chicago every Good Friday, every year. The Latino community celebrates the end of lent by someone going thru the Pilsen area in Chicago, reenacting the whole death of Jesus. It’s lightweight, compared to the actual ones done in the Philippines :astonished:

A small prayer for him and no comment to those who would ridicule his actions.
He has his own reasons for doing this.[/quote]

Yeah, showing off his piety. As I said he was walking along one of the town’s main roads. Of course the path to Golgotha was inevitably full of hecklers mocking and jeering the condemned, so maybe he was hoping to get a little of that action to make him feel more sacrificial-victim like. He was probably disappointed that nobody spat at him or threw a rock.

Put a GPS tracker on him and create a website tracking him, and I’m certain that someone could accomodate him. :smiling_imp:

Put a GPS tracker on him and create a website tracking him, and I’m certain that someone could accomodate him. :smiling_imp:[/quote]

Aren’t you Christian?

Put a GPS tracker on him and create a website tracking him, and I’m certain that someone could accomodate him. :smiling_imp:[/quote]

Aren’t you Christian?[/quote] yea, but I can’t have a sense a humor ?!

Aren’t you Christian?[/quote] yea, but I can’t have a sense a humor ?![/quote]

Sure. You’re back in the States now, right? Want to come to an Easter reenactment with me and heckle the Jesus?

Tell you what. I’ll send an e-mail to Mr. Blessit (what a surname–better than Tom DeLay’s!) and ask him to check out this thread. (So go edit whatever mockery you’d feel ashamed of if he saw…)

I’m thinking you made the wise choice there.

[quote=“Wookiee”]Could it be this guy everyone’s been talking about?

[quote]On Christmas 1969 Arthur Blessitt went out for a walk and took his 40 pound, 12 foot cross with him.
He is still walking and spreading his message about God everywhere he goes.
So far Arthur Blessitt has visited all 50 states, all seven continents and 305 nations covering more than 37,000 miles.
We could not find how many pairs of shoes he has worn out, but here is his official website:[/quote]
blessitt.com/
[/quote]

Those must be some shoes to have helped him walk to all seven continents. Assuming that the cross gave him the ability to walk on water. If not, I wonder if the airlines let him check his cross as…

Carry-on baggage. I can see it now…

“Excuse me, Mr. Blessitt sir. You’re going to have to sit down. The ‘fasten seatbelts’ sign is on.”

“Jesus wasn’t given a break just because of some turbulence!”

[quote=“Wookiee”]

I can understand why some of the “nice” folks in Birdseye, Indiana might want to burn his cross, :unamused: and I can even understand why he was most liable to be arrested in the US, but why the anger toward the cross in Holland?[/quote]

Stoned tourists freaked out because they thought they were hallucinating until they touched him and realized he was real?

Aren’t you Christian?[/quote] yea, but I can’t have a sense a humor ?![/quote]

Sure. You’re back in the States now, right? Want to come to an Easter reenactment with me and heckle the Jesus?[/quote]

Oh yea. I’ll make sure to bring Mel Gibson with me also. Just make sure you have some good southern food for me. :smiley: