Beata té

Beata té
Ristorante Italiono
Bellavita (A5)
XinYi Warner Village
4F. No. 28, Song Ren Road, Taipei
tel. 2 8789 1799

For those that haven’t ventured beyond the B2 selections at Bellavita you should. Probably the most fun but expensive new places in Taipei.

Sorry for some vagueness on my part in the following as it was a birthday and I couldn’t concentrate too much.

The two of us were seated in comfortable/movable booth seating next to windows. The overall feeling of the place is spacious and smart casual. It is a large and fairly open space with contemporary furnishings. I suggest you get seated in the booths at either side next to the windows.

We were given a menu with the set menus although we later were told that they also have an À la carte menu.

The sets are “delight”, I forget, and “Truffle” sets. The Truffle is $3000 and the middle one is $2,500 I believe. Both of these options appeared to be more quantity of food than we could handle. The delight has various prices depending on main course. From about $1,200 for fish or chicken to about $1,980 for lobster or steak.

We went with the lobster tagliolini and the beef fillet items. Both were about $1,980 plus 10% service.

At first they tried the “which kind of water do you want” routine. We opted out and went for a glass of the house red and a fruit juice. The house red was very drinkable so I had two. (I think it is $375 a glass)

First came a bowl/plate of various breads. All were great but my favorite was a focaccia with a piece of yellow pepper baked inside.

Next was the appetizer with four elements: a salad of fresh greens without dressing, a salmon roll (raw salmon and accented cream cheese rolled and wrapped in a crepe), duck breast marinated with fig and fig reduction, and for the life of me I can’t remember number 4.

The salmon roll was great of course and the duck breast/fig was truly outstanding. I think they should offer the duck as a main.

Next was a zucchini cream soup which was also very good. Nice to have a different soup.

The lobster tagliolini came with a full small lobster cooked two ways. One half is sauteed and mixed with the pasta and the other half is baked I believe.

The beef fillet rested on a bed of spinach and was topped with foie gras and a nice reduction.

I am not a big fan of seafood pasta but it was good.

The steak was really (to use the cliché) melt in your mouth. So tender and juicy I didn’t need a special knife to cut it. It was cooked perfectly outside and inside. Delicious.

Last was the dessert which was a crème brulée topped with fresh fruit including blueberries! and coffee.

Service was excellent. There weren’t very many people there but the floor manager, server, and bus were always within reach. All were very friendly and attentive.

Another thing is that they overheard me giving a birthday present and when they served the dessert they also brought a serving of tiramisu with candle without any prompting. Very nice touch.

Overall a very good meal. Good food, nicely presented, and good service. However, I think the price point is a little high. Next time I will look into the individual dishes on the other menu.

Two glasses of house red, one fresh fruit juice, one lobster set, and one steak set = about $5,400 or so.

They have a nice bar you should check out even if you aren’t eating there. Stop in for a drink on a date.

Where exactly is it? Songren’s quite long and I think I’ve only been up there once. What’s Warners Village?

Now I don’t go shopping anyplace, and don’t care about social events, and am directionally challenged but even I know where Bella Vita is.
http://blog.rti.org.tw/english/2009/09/24/a-taste-of-italy-in-taipei/

Oi, Elektronisk! How do you afford to frequent such high-brow places on a moderator’s wage? You been skimming? I’m reporting you to Tony Supremo!

Beata Te is the latest venture by Alberto and Purple of Chianti renoun. It’s apparently very good, albeit pricey. I believe it is on the top floor of the Bella Vita and they have quite a nice outdoor area, as well.

Yes he was there. It is on the fourth floor as is Haleakala. L’atelier de Joel Robuchon is on the fifth floor ($1700-5900 sets) and Ton 28 (Japanese) is on the 6th floor. a3 is on the first floor.

Now I don’t go shopping anyplace, and don’t care about social events, and am directionally challenged but even I know where Bella Vita is.
http://blog.rti.org.tw/english/2009/09/24/a-taste-of-italy-in-taipei/[/quote]
Hmmm. Never seen it. If I walked from the MRT to Roxy Roots – which I have done twice to play gigs there – I think I must have walked right past it. Never noticed. Can’t imagine paying that kind of dosh for Eytalian nosh, either.

http://blog.rti.org.tw/english/2009/09/24/a-taste-of-italy-in-taipei/[/quote]
Hmmm. Never seen it. If I walked from the MRT to Roxy Roots – which I have done twice to play gigs there – I think I must have walked right past it. Never noticed. Can’t imagine paying that kind of dosh for Eytalian nosh, either.[/quote]

You probably did walk by it. From the MRT it is the first building before all the Mitsukoshi malls.

I should try looking up once in a while when I’m on the street.

:open_mouth: prices. Remind me to not accidentally go there :slight_smile: (unless someones paying, other then me)

When ever I see this thread, “Beat It” just starts ringing in my frontal lobe. Must be hauted by Michael. (And its not even lunar July yet)

Took my hot babe there for her 40th birthday. Dropped around 5 grand, and the lady doesn’t drink.

Well worth it. If you want a fantastic culinary experience, go.

And get out onto the balcony when you take your coffee and tiramisu. Gorgeous.