Beckham ... let the show begin

They just revealed a picture made by a famous american photographer … Beckham the dragon slayer, a Disney project

Bangkok post

[quote]Beckham to be Disney’s Prince Charming

Los Angeles (dpa) - Footballer David Beckham has landed his first big marketing role since announcing his move to the US. He will star as Prince Charming in a Disney advertising campaign for the company’s world famous theme parks, according to a Disney statement Friday.

The ad features the British sporting superstar riding a fire-eating dragon and fighting a fire-breathing dragon.

“There were many Disney characters I liked as a kid,” Beckham, 31, said in the statement. “Now my sons love the Disney characters and it’s a big part of their lives, a big part of many children’s lives around the world. So to be part of that is an honour and very exciting.”

The photo, shot at a lake near Madrid, Spain, by celebrity photographer Annie Leibowitz, is part of a larger celebrity endorsement campaign that also features Beyonce Knowles as Alice in Wonderland and Scarlett Johansson as Cinderella.
[/quote]

The question has to be asked of the Bangkok Post is why is it in the “breaking news” section?

The jump to Los Angeles certainly was a big plus for Wayne Gretzky. It resulted in his career going to new levels and he has done well because of it. A very positive move for him.

Beckham & Company lived the high-life in the UK and been in the media spot-light there, but Los Angeles is gonna be a whole new game.

Buy a box of popcorn and watch it play out.

I saw it first on the BBC news or was it ABC (Australia network) news this morning, they showed the thing being made in Spain … + the revealing of Knight (prince) Beckham on his horse, fightin’ the dragon

A bit over the top…but…

Soccer star David Beckham portraying the gallant Prince Phillip from Disneys Sleeping Beauty in a new image created by photographer Annie Leibovitz.

foxnews.com/story/0,2933,247240,00.html