Beehive: what to do?

You need to upload the images to somewhere and post a link.

imageshack.us/

is free and you don’t need to register. Upload the image and make a note of the URL. You want “Direct link to image” at the bottom. Then enter this

[img]<url to imageshack>[/url]

That will put the link as an inline image.

King Zog, thanks for the link. The inline thing didn’t quite work for me so I’ve just gone with the image shack url. Anyone that wants to check out some small and rather crappy images - they looked ok before I sent them off to imageshack - can paste the url into their browser. It will give some idea of what I’ve been talking about. Oh yeah, imageshack also seems to have placed them in the reverse order of posting. For a timeline read from right to left.

I went back and checked the hive a couple of weeks after moving it and the wasps seem to be thriving.

What remains a mystery/interesting is how mellow these wasps were the entire time. I used to go along and pour onto the plant directly above and all that would happen is that one or two would fly out toward me then veer off when I waved the bucket at them. That was as bad as it got.

I hope those who kept telling me to get out there and kill/bash/spray the hell out of them will consider that these wasps might not be as aggressive as they imagine. Certainly I didn’t experience any problem with them over 5 weeks or so of having them right outside the front door.

profile.imageshack.us/user/dialled/