Beer Alert & Directory IV

Or a pub anywhere. Although I wouldn’t mind drinking guinness with “the Coors” in a pub in Ireland, without the brother.

1 Like

Dream Mall here has Taiwan Beer pinball.
Selling mango slushes with hint of beer taste.
Also 330cc bottles of Taiwan Beer 18 天 for NT$50.
if you take pic and send to their FB, they’ll give you a free can of 18 天 beer.
Kids loved the pinball.
Dad liked the beer.

1 Like

oh dear

lol. non-alcoholic

Now thru July 28 at Family Mart, two cans of 330cc Busch Beer for NT$49.
Go stock 'em up, tiger

1 Like

This beer with BBQ or slightly spicy food is fantastic. My first try. Currently NT$90 at Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ chain which recently became my favorite. Good quality and smokeless BBQ.

i think I’ve had that in a can from Carrefour or RT Mart. yes. good

Hear me out
For those of you that know me, it’s as though I’ve cut out my own heart.
I’ve stopped drinking beer for the remainder of 2019.
Last night whilst out with old high school buddies, I drank a Heinekin. If that isn’t enough to warrant a bitch-slap, it was also a near beer. While I am immensely ashamed, I need to honestly report that it wasn’t that bad. It tasted like a real Heineken.
20190729_224219
Edit: this was not in tw.

Always a good idea to take a break.

1 Like

No.

Just no.

The real stuff is bad enough. But a non-alcoholic version? That’s cruel and unusual.

2 Likes

lucky you’re not in Taiwan.
Family Mart has two 330cc Heineken Light for NT$59 to tempt you.
It definitely is not tempting to me.

IMG_20190730_192716

Tried it last night and halfway through the bottle, I realized it needed to be poured in a glass to drink.

I won’t say I hate it, but I don’t love it. Does taste like what Asahi would taste like though.

1 Like

(hint: beer is not supposed to be drunk from a bottle, unless it’s Bud Light, Coors Light, or any other piss-flavored beers. have to let the beer breathe. Do you drink wine from the bottle, too? :slight_smile: )

Yes probably better with a glass. Drinking it without some good food might not be as good. I might not even consider drinking it without food or maybe one.

It sure went well with the Japanese BBQ.

IKEA down here in Kaohsiung has 2-for-1 Kellerbier (yes from Sweden) in a bottle (NT$120 for 2 bottles).
Just had the first one. Mighty decent.
Also 3 types of Swedish beer in a can for NT$35 each. Good price. Picked some up, too.
There’s a load of other beer also all at very good discount prices.

1 Like

What/how is this Czech beer at Family Mart?

1 Like

That is a great beer imo !!

If you avoid Pilsner Urquell because you think it’s too bitter, but if you like crisp pilsners in hot weather, then that stuff’s the way to go. I had some earlier this summer and for a minute considered moving to the Czech Republic over it.

If memory serves it was expensive (NT$104 per iirc), but well worth it imho.

2 Likes

Whaaaat?

I think there are even a couple German posters who don’t seem to like any bitterness at all in their beer. :idunno:

1 Like

Yep, guilty as charged. South Germans mostly I guess. In the north they have tons of quite bitter Pils beers: Jever, Bitburger,…