Beer Alert & Directory IV

All the summer imports are 40% off at Family Mart. And this for single purchases (not that buy one get the second for a discount crap).

2 Likes

Great, good to know. Thanks!

By the way, stay away from the Taiwan Beer “Free” 0% “beer flavored beverage”. It’s… shite.

Oh, and the Kölsch is on sale for ~170NT at PX mart for a while already, not sure how long still.

2 Likes

I didn’t need that warning because there’s no way in hell I would ever drink that.

But…I talked to someone in the US recently on a visit. He drinks waaaaay too much beer. Everyday. For hours and hours. I told him he should have some rest days mixed in and he told me he did this in the past by getting this kind of stuff. So maybe there’s a place for non-alcoholic beer.

2 Likes

7-Eleven LINE ad promotibg second can of Buckskin Pilsner for additional NT$10. nice on a hot day.

You made my eyes bleed. NSFW

:rofl:

2 Likes

Oh for sure there’s a place for non-alcoholic beer. There is even one in Taiwan that I like. Just… Not this TTL one.

2 Likes

It says Super Clear. But doesn’t look or taste super clear. Odd smell with slight aftertaste. Hardly drinkable.

I guess “Clean & Fresh” is a better slogan than “Hardly Drinkable”

3 Likes

Family Mart, Sept. 25-29:
Second can of 500cc Pilsner Urquell only NT$1.
Fill up your fridge, you drunkards.

1 Like

Family Mart. 109 nt get second can for 10 nt. I like it but it’s just a tad too bitter for me.

2 Likes

I tried to convince them I only want second cans. Got politely asked to leave.

2 Likes

This was fantastic. Got it at the B3 market at Sogo below Ding Tai Fung.

3 Likes

That’s cause Taihu kicks ass.

4 Likes

I’ll be buying more. Even with the bitterness (it was an IPA and something I would normally steer clear of), I really enjoyed it. All the great ale flavors coming through made it seem not so bitter, if that makes any sense.

1 Like

I really like the White Ale there.

First time I lived in Taiwan, back in 2002, ales were really just starting to happen in the US. I remember that Carrefour sold Cooper’s Original Pale Ale from Australia. A little pricey, but man it was refreshing in the humidity and heat of Taiwan. Super low bitterness (but a little). I drank a lot of it in 2002-2004.

Still pretty nice today imo.

3 Likes

Doesn’t Guinness generally suck? Why so popular?

Much more prefer a Kilkenny.

1 Like

That sir, is blasphemy.

2 Likes

How to use the kids candy.

3 Likes

Taiwan craft beers.

IPA taste with red wine finish. Better than expected.

Ale taste, slight cucumber, dry finish. Not really refreshing. As expected.