Beer Alert & Directory IV

Anyone heading to England and wants to try some real ale/beer (ciders and perry too) have a look here: camra.org.uk/beerfestivals

Been to a couple and it’s a laugh, umm, got drunk. I usually head for the ciders being a Cornish bumpkin.

[quote=“Tigerman”]
I like many styles of Belgian ales. But, we in the US do not need the Belgians to show us how to brew. There are already many microbreweries brewing Belgian-style ales in the US. Many of these are of very high quality, too.[/quote]

Inbev wasn’t interested (never was - even not in Belgium) in the micro breweries since the Belgo Brazilian connection bought Anheuser -Bush in 2008.
As for the origins of American Microbreweries, I thought I read before the knowledge came from… :whistle:

Curious to know which good Belgian beer 7-eleven is carrying - didn’t see it earlier on.

Oh thanks for the memories :wink:

[quote=“ceevee369”][quote=“Tigerman”]
I like many styles of Belgian ales. But, we in the US do not need the Belgians to show us how to brew. There are already many microbreweries brewing Belgian-style ales in the US. Many of these are of very high quality, too.[/quote]

Inbev wasn’t interested (never was - even not in Belgium) in the micro breweries since the Belgo Brazilian connection bought Anheuser -Bush in 2008.
As for the origins of American Microbreweries, I thought I read before the knowledge came from… :whistle:

Curious to know which good Belgian beer 7-eleven is carrying - didn’t see it earlier on.[/quote]

Petrus, very flavorful, nice aftertaste.

[quote=“headhonchoII”][quote=“ceevee369”][quote=“Tigerman”]

Curious to know which good Belgian beer 7-eleven is carrying - didn’t see it earlier on.[/quote]

Petrus, very flavorful, nice aftertaste.[/quote]

Right now, 7-11 is 21% off if you buy three cans/bottles of import beer. The non-Japanese ones at my local are the Petrus Dubbel Bruin, Oettinger Hefeweissbier, Oettinger Radler and Kronenbourg 1664 Blanc.

:lick:

Sat here drinking an OeTTINGER. It’s ok, not a true white/wheat beer, can taste it has been rapidly brewed. In another life I was an off-licence employee and have a City & Guilds qualification in wine and beer something or other :smiley: . I like alcohol but rarely drink it these days. Expect for today and some other times, honest.

I thought the same, but then a German friend of mine explained that you have to pour it into a glass to let it open up. Not sure if you did that, but if like me you drank it straight out of the can it’s no good.

I’ve noticed a couple of 7.5% strength beers in 7-11 recently. They’re upping the ante :slight_smile:

tommy525- licensed to drink, but rarely does more then one

beer is best fresh and as such i got me a great microbrewery in berkeley to drink really fresh brewskies.

I thought the same, but then a German friend of mine explained that you have to pour it into a glass to let it open up. Not sure if you did that, but if like me you drank it straight out of the can it’s no good.

I’ve noticed a couple of 7.5% strength beers in 7-11 recently. They’re upping the ante :slight_smile:[/quote]

This is true of the wheat beers. But no I didn’t… So maybe I’m being harsh. Same is not true when drinking red wine from the bottle with a straw, it’s fantastic.

7.5%, nearly a Tenants. The offie I worked in, the best sellers were; Stella, Special Brew and Tenants. Cripple Cock cider was a top seller too and B&H best selling smokes. Classy. We sold wine too.

[quote=“headhonchoII”][quote=“ceevee369”][quote=“Tigerman”]

Petrus, very flavorful, nice aftertaste.[/quote]

Pertus ,while it is the 2011 "World’s Best Speciality Pale Ale” it might hit some local guys with a hammer.
High fermentation, 5.5 pc alcohol ,a cold fridge in 7-11 and outside 35 degrees Celsius are a good mix for some nice surprises.
While I advocate and support small breweries they should have offered a refreshing Hoegaarden instead of the Ottinger which won’t be up to the locals taste buds

Big beer festival in Carrefour !!! Huge discounts on all prime labels :thumbsup:

Just popped down to the small Carrefour in Taoyuan to buy some tea bags. Ended up spending 2800NT. Fantastic beers :thumbsup: :thumbsup: . Now I just have to deal with the wife :ponder: .

Asahi super dry 500mm - 128NT for 3 cans :astonished: .
Loads of Belgian beers.
Poor selection of British beers and a bit too pricey for me (120NT for a can of London Pride).
A few American and a lot of Australian beers.
Super cheap Taiwanese stuff, if anyone’s tastbuds can handle it.

Carrefour in Xindian has a great sellection. belgian fruit beers, Anchor steam and the American Sarasen IPA, Pale ale, lager and black & tan. Plus more.

at least she wont be asking you all the time to get tea bags :slight_smile:

Inbev was the Anheuser-Busch of Belgium. Who cares what they think?

Whyn would the origins matter? I’m thinking you might not know the origins, anyway.

Pyramid, I presume.

Have you tried Triple Rock on Shattuck?

New to Taipei, anyone knows if I can find these beer?

[ul]
[li] Russian River (anything, but would be awesome if I can find Consecration and Supplication)[/li]
[li] Kwak[/li]
[li] Ommegang Abbey[/li]
[li] Allagash White[/li]
[li] Lindemans Lambic (any would be nice), the wifey loves these[/li][/ul]

Had a bottle of Monteith’s single source http://www.singlesource.co.nz/ Czech pils-style lager out of 7-11 on Sunday. From Kiwiland. Mildly hoppy but quite distinctive, at least compared to the other beers you can get at 7-11. Very very nice drop. Almost enough to get me back on the beer.

Pyramid, I presume.

Have you tried Triple Rock on Shattuck?[/quote]

Yes we have been there remember? And yes do sometimes go to the Triple Rock on shattuck.

The “Kapuziner Weissbier” is not bad either. They’ve had some good stuff in 7-11 these past few weeks.