Beer Alert & Directory IV

1 Like

I don’t normally buy the coronita but i did this time because i just wanted a smaller bottle. But is it just me or does the coronita taste different then regular corona?

I don’t remember corona tasting this bad as this does? Maybe nobody buys these small bottles and they are old? Sat on the shelf too long?

Beer does not age, it should be drunk fresh. That’s why drinking beer at the brewery is so good.

Good beers age well. Low alcohol beer does not age.

1 Like

Had 2 of the Tokyo Craft weizen last night. Not a big fan of witbiers - not a big fan of anything other than barley, water, and hops in beer - but this was tasty. It goes well with the cooler weather now. Bottom line, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy this again.

I also bought 2 Frontier Craft Lager by UK brewer Fuller Smith & Turner PLC. European pale lager, so it’s mildly hopped. Not bad at all. This is to Sam Adams Boston Lager what Cooper’s Sparkling Ale is to Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, roughly. Which is probably just another way of comparing British styles to Americans styles. I would buy this again, too.

Imgur

1 Like

You’re not going to believe this, but I always thought that was some kind of cider or mixed drink. The label (looks like some kind of lemon drink), maybe where they shelve the beer next to the ciders, who knows? I’ll give it a try, though.

1 Like

I’m not sure if I should tell you this or if I had already, but have you gone over to Way Home Beer to “shop”? They give 50NT discounts if you “take out” and I usually go and pick up 6 bottles of anything interesting. What I love most is that I can walk out of there just like I would from the liquor store in the states, a 6 pack stored in a cardboard cut out container with a handle.

What sucks is that despite the 50NT discount, you’re still paying 200ish for a bottle. Nonetheless, it’s all craft beer.

I know you work in the area and all about trying new or different beers, so I thought I would give you a heads up.

https://goo.gl/maps/5vPhpDtRecx

2 Likes

Cool. Thanks for that. Sometimes I swim at the Songshan Sports Center at lunch. Looks like just a couple of minutes from there.

All three readily available at Family Mart.

I think the word ‘craft’ is pretty loosely used in all these canned liquids! :smirk:

We do a buy-four-get-one-deal over here, take-out or drink-in!

Where (address please) can I find your fridge with its 120 Belgian beers?

:heart_eyes:

Craft doesn’t really mean anything special and means different things in different situations. It’s mostly just another word for people making their own beer except when a big company uses the word craft it means they’re trying to compete with a trendy Market and continue to maintain their market share.

Zhongxiao East road, Sec. 4, Ln 553, Alley 6, # 2, 1F, XinYi district between Sun Yatsen memorial Hall and Taipei City Hall MRT station.

Right across from the main gate of the Criminal Investigation Bureau.

Cool. My brother in law lives just west of Sun Yat Sen. Are you open on Sunday? What are your hours? (plug away)

We open at 2:00 PM on Saturday and Sunday, normally we are closed the second and last Sunday of the month, but this weekend we close Saturday and probably Sunday too. Company’s day (weekend) out.

1 Like

It’s not showing up. How about a Google map link to the store or shop?

Google maps link ‘The Belgian Waffle Stop’

1 Like

Our fully stocked beer fridges ready for the Holidays!

IMAG1835 beer fridge 1 IMAG1833 beer fridge 2

Happy Holidays!

2 Likes

Got any Poperings Hommelbier in?

Didn’t get it this time, next order it will be there if available.

1 Like

Our X-mas beer line-up.

IMAG1838 x-mas line-up

Everything to get you through the year-end festivities!

2 Likes