Beer Alert & Directory IV

imageThis is my shame. Sounds like you too @Belgian_Pie

1 Like

Thanks for the reccoā€¦itā€™s not bad at all. Oh, and it was only NT$49.

1 Like

It does look very German indeed. Let me guess: 5.0% alcohol?

2 Likes

Feels like less, but they say you built up a tolerance.

1 Like

NTD 450 for six pack and nice traditional Pi Urq glass at Carrefour Kaohsiung.

IMG_20180617_014447

4 Likes

Important: one of the 7s near me has their summer beer selection in. The hopbot is back, along with the Stone IPA and a vile root beer thing, but didnā€™t recognize the others.

Given that some of their current multi-buy offers finish tomorrow, Iā€™d expect them to be in most stores in the next day or two.

Edit after I went back for another look: also Birra Moretti, Hoegaarden Wit, Skoll, Cruzcampo, Lancaster Bomber, Steinlager Tokyo (?) and Jerkface 9000 (??).

1 Like

Good deal !beer

I found locally (Kaoshiung) more choices, at Family Mart some good New Zealand Beers (Radler is beer with lemon), also blue bottle (Local KHH), and not in photo Kona (from Hawaii maybe or NH, USA)

I mentioned the Taiwan Beer craft beer some posts upwards and I saw these on sale yesterday at Carrefour.

Only the IPA and Blonde ale were left, so I picked up the Taipei Blond Ale, but havenā€™t cracked it open yet.

Let me know what you think. Iā€™ve had a few of those and they all tend to be too sweet.

7-11 has more craft beers now. They seem to do this in the summer. Some Stone IPA, and even a JPL that was 99 last year, I think it 69 this year.

Shall drink some brew from Sweden after its 1-0 win over SK last night. IKEA Kaohsiung has 4 for 149. Some other bottled beers, but a bit more pricey.

The Festival Beer is just a typical beer.
The ā€œFlat Tireā€ Dry-Hopped Lager is actually quite good.
Nearly all beers are made with dry hops (wet hops are when you brew beer with hops literally just cut from their vines and donā€™t dry them.).
This is a decent hoppy beer, considering itā€™s out of the can.
If they have it next time I visit IKEA, Iā€™ll just get 4 Flat Tires, pardon the pun.

Very creative names duh.

All better named than Buckskin.

May need a lot of them today, with the Typhoon like rains! image

Iā€™m on the 3rd one today. å¾Œę‚” I didnā€™t just buy Dry Hopped for all 4 cans or maybe 8!
This rain just comes in buckets and buckets continually. At times cannot see 100m down the road from our apartment.

Seems thereā€™s a new Aussie themed burger joint in Taipei that stocks Coopers. Definitely need to pay a visit.
Now I wonder where on this island I could find VB :thinking:

I saw Victoria Bitter at Jasonā€™s market in Kaoshiung, so I guess Taipei stores would have it (or if not because its too low class/ bogan beer for Taipei, ha?)

Very Bad beer , no thanks :grin:

Only thing guaranteed is a humongous hangover.

II Craft beer rocks
At alameda island brewery now
Pub with attached micro brewery
Good stuff

Just visited the bigger brewery in alameda
Faction
Pub with mainly outdoor seating and view of ships at Oakland port and SF far away

Great for a visit great brews

Next door is St George spirits. Well worth a visit
Fruit brandies and vodkas and gin made and tasted and Sold

For those whoā€™ve added FamilyMart as a LINE friend (deals every day), just got their June 22-24 deal of NT$10 on the second can of Taiwan Beer ā€œOnly 18 Daysā€ Draft Beer. Thatā€™s NT$55 for 2 cans for alcoholic mathematicians. Has a bar code in the LINE message that the FamilyMart counterperson scans.

Looks like the missus will have to put up with some of those green cans filling up the fridge.

2 Likes