Beer Alert & Directory IV

Regarding the Simple Mart beers, I’ve gotten two bad hangovers, each from just two tall beers. Once with a Belgium no-name beer and the second with a German one. Is the quality of the beers maybe a problem there? Or is it the way I drink- normally on an empty stomach, and I start eating dinner around halfway through the second beer? I think it could be the way I drink, since I just recently drank much more but started with the food right away. But then again, two tall beers? That’s not much beer, is it?

Never drink on an empty stomach. Rookie mistake. :sunglasses:

I always look at those beers or the 7-11 brand beers to see if they are made in China.
I once had the worst experience with a case of Kirin cans bought at CostCo, yes, Costco. Opened one up and it was that funky smell. Second one, too. Looked at side, and it was from a China production base of Kirin. Never drank another beer made in China again. If I drink Japanese beers from a can or bottle, I make sure they are made in Japan (from the label).

1 Like

I know to look out for this in the future.

I have to convince myself that Japanese beers on draft are imported from Japan and not China.

I like to think I’m quite advanced for doing that. The buzz is almost immediate and lasts a good while.

I hate those Beck’s made in China the most. Beck’s used to be one of my favorite brands (well, that was actually long ago), but a night of barbecue with all you can drink Beck’s from China really turned me off.

I’ve never gotten a hangover from the SM beers, even the 9% and 12% stuff. As long as you have something in your stomach before you start quaffing.

Talk about buzzkill advice, kind of literally. If that makes any sense. I need a beer (after a sandwich, of course).

1 Like

Isn’t it that water in a beer bottle?

You’re 100% right, it’s a Pro User move.
Otherwise you’re just wasting time and money before you get your load on.

2 Likes

Thing is, if they’re not brewing according to the German purity law then the field is pretty wide open for them. They may not use hops, using instead a cheaper chemical(s). Or barley, using instead rice. Or a lager tank may end up slightly cloudy; a touch of formaldehyde can sometimes clear that right up.

Not a big fan of gubmint regulations, but Reinheitsgebot is as good as it is old. I personally wouldn’t drink a knock-off European beer anywhere outside Europe. Life’s too short.

1 Like

Maybe the marketing has worked on me but I don’t mind it.
Anyway, still better than Fosters!

It’s old age.

Personally I find I can’t cope with more than one these days, or I wake up in the morning a bit … groggy. Not hungover, just feeling a bit crap.

Never had any problem with the Simple Mart beers specifically, except that most of them seem to be sold for the alcohol content rather than the taste.

1 Like

Nobody seems to have mentioned it yet: Carrefour have a massive beer sale going on at the moment. Some great beers at good prices. You’ll end up buying more than you ought to.

I suffered a nocturnal explosion last night (big mess). Why? I woke up to glass everywhere. Are these beers overly carbonated? My house is warm, but not hot. :weary:

Another beer-stealing raid gone bad.
Sorry, man, I told @the_bear we should have at least cleaned up, but he was worried you’d wake up and it would be our asses, so we booked.

Nice crib, ,though.:+1:

That was some Houdini shit

1 Like

Yeah, for a big dude, @the_bear can move real quiet when he needs to…

Had A Kirin made by molson in Canada
Was probably badly treated
Real flat

That’s here in Cali. We don’t get made in Japan Kirin here

Thanks for making me feel even worse! Rode with two young guys today. One who has only been riding two months beat me to the top. (Actually not that serious. The guy is about 65 kilos, he does squats, and he was on the college swim team so knows a bit about pain when exercising. Mid twenties. Just a tad younger than me).

Explosive beer. I like it.

The weird thing is that it didn’t explode on the way to Taiwan and to the warehouse and then the mall… but in your house.

1 Like