Beer Alert & Directory V - Roaring 20s edition

I wish we could just buy one decent TaiHu IPA at 7-11 instead of 15 different kinds of weird beer/cocktail mashups.

4 Likes

Flavour? I donā€™t know, I just hold it with my hand, looked at it for almost two minutes, took a picture and said naaaaay.

Marine breeze? Itā€™s called something like Santorini (the Greek island?)

IPAā€™s are overrated. They somehow got super famous like 6 years ago and everybody was talking about them like if it were their favourite thing in the World, when obviously nobody likes vegetables broth with piss.

Theyā€™re still my favorite thing in the world.

2 Likes

Ha, ha! I agree. Get a nice ale with low bitterness and Iā€™m in heaven. (No fruit flavors added.)

Just because YOU donā€™t like or understand something, it doesnā€™t mean everyone else feels the same way. Iā€™m not a fan of Stouts, but you donā€™t see me ripping on Guiness drinkers. I am not someone who jumps on trends. I genuinely like IPAs.

3 Likes

OK, OKā€¦ ā€œI liked this before it was coolā€ :trollface:

(WTF that troll face)

Itā€™s gross. I tried that one.

2 Likes

Suggest this - nicely hoppy - though with a kick

2 Likes

11% impressive!

After you get the badges, is there any reward? Free beer?

1 Like

Not if you expect ā€œstrong beerā€ as the label says. It wasnā€™t gross I would say, but definitely much more cocktail than beer.

then almost gross

1 Like

Nope. Just compete with friends.

Taiwan Brewery Weissbier kind of hit the spot and I enjoyed it.

I donā€™t want to say lite but itā€™s not a strong Weissbier, more of a subtle flavor. None of that odd curious Taiwan flavor or aftertaste sometimes found. And not overly hopped like Taiwan craft beers.

Weā€™ll see about taste again next time.

NT$90 cold at Carrefour checkout.

2 Likes

All you can drink

3 Likes

Jup Jup
No. 18, Lane 71, Section 5, Zhongxiao East Road, Xinyi District, Taipei City, 110
https://goo.gl/maps/sWAhprq7fg3xF5Wo8

hmm all you can drinkā€¦

will check what and for how much.

Very much this. Also, the IPA even seems to be sold out at some Jasons and the like. But clearly the Taiwanese market is go for weird strong cocktail beers instead.