Beer Alert & Directory V - Roaring 20s edition

I’ve seen a few varieties at Ed’s Diner.

1 Like

They have them at Love at First Bite too if you want pizza

2 Likes

Some the “Kona Brewing” beer is not made in Hawaii. It’s made from other beer factories the parent company of “Kona Brewing”. Kona Brewing Co. Sued for Not Actually Brewing Its Beer in Hawaii - Eater

If you like it, it’s fine but do not think it’s all from Hawaii or profits go to Kona.

1 Like

Went with the gold. Feel like an alchy walking around Carrefour drinking this. 52nt in the refrigerated section. Very good.

2 Likes

Round two with the gold. The youngest is playing a video game with some kind of Japanese cards. My wife is calling me a 酒鬼。Whatever. I can stay here all night. I may need some chips soon. Lots of stuff on sale.

Edit: I guess it was their Pilsner. Still good. But a tad more bitter than the gold. Same 52nt. Can’t beat that price.

1 Like

Obviously a term of affection.

2 Likes

Especially with those nice bottles. When I used to brew my own beer, I loved using those.

2 Likes

They were small. 330ml I think. Not like the big Grolsch bottles. But yeah, I really like those tops.

1 Like

Yeah, those were the ones I used.

2 Likes

They’ve been bought too. I enjoyed hanging out at their brewery/restaurant. They make their own pizza from scratch.

you placed NT$52 in the refrigerator and walked away drinking one in the store? :smiling_face:

2 Likes

I would have grabbed the dunkel

1 Like

Flens? The Heineken of Germany :face_vomiting:

At least they were wise enough not to put their standard “original” Beer there. I know some people like it bitter, but not sure if Taiwan is the right market for bitter north German Pils.

2 Likes

That’s my favorite. Think I’ll have a look in Carrefour later and see if there’s still some left. But like Dr_Milker, I buy them mostly for the reusable bottles :slight_smile:

wtf? Is that the one with good hooters but no cottage cheese? :thinking:

1 Like

Maybe if I understood even a single word on that label, I would have went with the dunkel (whatever the hell that word means).

It’s still frisch, but more feinherb, and not Gold.

2 Likes

Dunkel ist the opposite of Hell :sunglasses:

1 Like

I also like the bottles but I haven’t figured out what to do with them.

Haven’t tried it