Beer Americans stopped drinking

finance.yahoo.com/news/nine-beer … 45945.html

I didnt know that there was such a thing as a beer Americans stopped drinking.

I havent had a Michelob in a while but my recent beer of choice is Michelob Ultra. NICE> Thats a beer u guys should get over there.

That beer is an abomination. Sheesh… :unamused:

[quote=“tommy525”]http://finance.yahoo.com/news/nine-beers-americans-no-longer-drink-183045945.html

I didnt know that there was such a thing as a beer Americans stopped drinking.[/quote]
That’s quite the rogue’s gallery of beers. Yeuch!

yes one can see why they have started to head south in sales

Michelob Ultra?
:hand:

Don’t listen to the beer snobs, tommy. If it has alcohol in it, I’ll drink it. Hell, if it’s free, I’ll take a few cases. :smiley:

I stand by Michelob ULtra. Its pretty smooth, tasty good stuff. Id take it over a sierra nevada (too hoppy, too strong). At 4.9pct Alkey and only 99 calories its a good deal. Plus it costs 5.50 for a six pack. And its way better then Miller LIte or Miller (the champagne …yeah right…of beers).

Its good with chinese food !

But yeah if i want a great beer I will go to the Pyramid brewery in Berkeley where they make (right there) some of the best beer available anywhere and drink it there.

Hey you guys got that abomination of a beer called BAR beer? You cant talk bad bout Michelob Ultra ! :slight_smile:

There is no such thing as too hoppy.
And if you think the same of Sierra Nevada, well, you are several fences the wrong waydown from what I would consider middle of the road.

Anything made by American conglomerates is bound to be pure shite of the first order.

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]

Anything made by American conglomerates is bound to be pure shite of the first order.[/quote]

I like Blue Moon. Made by Coors–though they deliberately make no mention of it anywhere on the bottle.

Hmm maybe i should try a blue moon. I saw a six pack at Trader Joes tonight. Blue Moon belgian style or something.

True that ultra by michelob is not the best but fairly unoffending really. 2.6 grams of carbs, 95 calories and 4.2pct alkey says the bottle.

Yes id rather have a spreckled hen if it came in a bottle (instead of on tap at very few pubs around here) or fall back to Newcastle brown ale, but on the whole drinkable.

[quote=“tommy525”]Hmm maybe i should try a blue moon. I saw a six pack at Trader Joes tonight. Blue Moon belgian style or something.

[/quote]

Indeed you should. Perfect summer beer (though it’s been a long time since I been back in winter.)

Anybody stupid enough to buy some “Billy Beer”, as in Bill Clinton, the bro! It’s ok if you did I drank one of the piss juice myself!
And a case of Oly on the back seat of the convert. Roll into St. Helens, Or. on a Sat night just as the Job Corp girls are getting off the bus.
Actually, I kind liked the Olympia (Oly) beer and the label always held a 4 dot surprise. You young uns probably don’t recall the 4 dot. It meant you could present it for . . . . well. You get the picture. Beer is so boring these days.

On a more serious topic of beer; if you go out the front entrance of Taipei Main Station and look across the street, you will see a big monstrosity that kinda resembles a Christmas tree. I think it is Exit 3 but not sure. Anyway, go to the tree thingy and go down the stairs. You find some great Belgium beer at a small pub with a fantastic collection of beer (and water pipes)

[quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“TheGingerMan”]

Anything made by American conglomerates is bound to be pure shite of the first order.[/quote]

I like Blue Moon. Made by Coors–though they deliberately make no mention of it anywhere on the bottle.[/quote]

Coors! Made me smile. I lived on my own from age 14. To make some extra spending money, I would go from Walla Walla, Washington (don’t laugh. It’s a real town) into Lewiston, Idaho where you could buy it. Back then, it could only be sold in Idaho. I was underage but I never seemed to have a problem (well, not usually) I’d load up the “54” with as many cases as I could pack into every nook and cranny. Double the price for my high school friends and eat good for a month.

had a bottle of the aforementioned Blue Moon and its pretty doggone good !

lol most of those beers are from milwaukee… how sad, my hometown.

hoegaarden is one of my favorite beers, its a rich white bier. they have it at most of the sogo supermarkets. and for those of you that want blue moon, its traditionally drunk with an orange slice… actually does make it better imo.

[quote=“Spyderpig”]lol most of those beers are from milwaukee… how sad, my hometown.
[/quote]

I tried some in Canada last time I was out and quite enjoyed it. It’s not bad at all. And yeah, for the limited calories, a big :thumbsup: .

Back in the day in Canada I used to enjoy Milwaukee’s Best once in a while, but after way too much of that swill here in Taiwan, it’s firmly on my no-drink list.