Beer for CR2 help

Ok…

I am shooting with a Canon 350D camera in RAW format (ie CR2 files)

Other photog using Canon 1D in RAW format as well

All images taken by me are not viewable in Photoshop CS2 or Bridge or Elements, but all photos taken by the other photog are fine.

However… if I view the CR2 files directly off the card reader (as opposed to downloading them onto the network or my HDD), my CR2 files are viewable.

I am working from a Mac and my other colleague with a PC has the same problem.

Anyone that can help will get a beer reward… sometime :slight_smile:

google.com/search?hl=en&q=ph … gle+Search

planetphotoshop.com/forum/sh … .php?t=578

adobe.com/support/downloads/ … =Macintosh - Camera Raw 3.4 update

Thx Rik but I have done all that.

ok… i reckon it must be a card issue… will try a different reader as well. grrr.

Sorry man, I’d love to give some help here, but I have no idea.

all sorted… was indeed the card reader

I’m confused. You originally said:

So you’re problem was the faulty card reader was allowing you to view the CR2 files and you wanted it to work like all your other devices and block viewing? :s

[quote=“Rik”]I’m confused. You originally said:

So you’re problem was the faulty card reader was allowing you to view the CR2 files and you wanted it to work like all your other devices and block viewing? :s[/quote]

I think he was saying that he could read them on memory card reader, but the problem was in the downloading (from the memory card reader to the computer). The downloading appears to have been messing up the files.

:bulb:
:smiley:

Put like that it seems more logical.

Doesn’t make any sense though. If he could read/open (view) the files off the card, why couldn’t he read/transfer (download) them? It’s basically the same I/O operation as far as the card reader goes.

:smiley:

Put like that it seems more logical.

Doesn’t make any sense though. If he could read/open (view) the files off the card, why couldn’t he read/transfer (download) them? It’s basically the same I/O operation as far as the card reader goes.[/quote]

Yeah, I know. It doesn’t make any sense to me either, but these are computers we’re talking about. They’re not logical. :stuck_out_tongue:

thankyou irishstu for making me more logical… your thinking is correct… such a clever boy… can i be more patronising?

why it didnt work, i dont know, it didnt, now it does, so nothing to worry about.

i’ll be sharing a beer with myself later.

Computers aren’t Logical? And you are the tech mod? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing:

You meant programmers, correct?

Calm down… I’m just kidding - the chief made me say it. :slight_smile: