Beer Outrage! (Tsingtao TV Ad)

[quote=“smithsgj”]
Coffee and tea consumption by pregnant women is unacceptable here! Isn’t that odd, when all manner of genuinely dangerous behaviours (kids without helmets etc) are quite the norm.[/quote]One can only assume that they want normal healthy children with high IQs and strong bones to die in motorcycle accidents. :loco:

Do you think the waitress would have said anything if Dad was sitting next to her chain smoking? Oh no, that might upset somebody… :noway:

Of course you know why, right? Not becuase of the caffeen, but because if you eat black thing the baby will be dark - eeeeeeeQ :astonished:

[quote=“hsiadogah”]

Do you think the waitress would have said anything if Dad was sitting next to her chain smoking? Oh no, that might upset somebody… :noway:[/quote]

What if the waitress tells the father not to smoke and the father would be so pissed off that would later beat his pregnant wife up for the incident? :idunno:

[quote=“Elegua”]Of course you know why, right? Not becuase of the caffeen, but because if you eat black thing the baby will be dark - eeeeeeeQ :astonished:[/quote]Bingo. Next time the bimbo waitress won’t let your pregnant wife drink beer, just tell her it makes baby’s skin whiter. End of lecture.

Notsu: I know you were drinking, but you reminded me of an incident all too close to that… :frowning:

[quote=“hsiadogah”]
Notsu: I know you were drinking, but you reminded me of an incident all too close to that… :frowning:[/quote]

My waitress advised me not to drink while breastfeeding, so I don’t really have an excuse for making that post.
I adjusted the style of the post, because I didn’t really mean it to be a joke.
I hope someone will come and clean the thread soon.

I actually got in trouble when I worked as a grocery store cashier because I refused to sell cigarettes to a pregnant woman. So she went to the customer service counter and paid for them there.

I honestly hope she had to give birth to a four-headed baby.

[quote=“ImaniOU”]I actually got in trouble when I worked as a grocery store cashier because I refused to sell cigarettes to a pregnant woman. So she went to the customer service counter and paid for them there.

I honestly hope she had to give birth to a four-headed baby. [/quote]

How do you know she bought them for herself? Maybe she bought them for her husband?
I bought cigarettes when I was 7 months pregnant - just for souvenirs, didn’t smoke any of them. I bought beer too - for exactly the same reason. I wonder if the 7-11 cashier would now be disappointed to see that my son looks perfectly normal? :s

FYI:
For heavy smokers, it is advised to keep smoking (but lighter cigarettes and not so many) during the pregnancy. Giving up smoking may sometimes cause toxication that is more dangerous for the fetus than moderate smoking. Of course it would be smart not to become a heavy smoker in the first place, but that’s another thread.

My gf said the commercial is not about pregnant women, but about women who get a big beer belly by drinking too much. I believe part of the ad says that their beer is guaranteed to be more healthy, but haven’t seen it for a while.

But even if that is what the advertisers intended, all our first impressions add up to whoever wrote that ad should be fired.

i wonder why nobody here complains about the taste of that beer

Well, funny you should mention the passive smoker thing. They just announced they were doubling the tax on ciggies, partly because of this:

Aren’t I the expert on smoking legislation eh? :laughing: Never touch the things myself …[/quote]

Only five percent of women here smoke? That’s hard to believe; I see women smoking all the time here.

You don’t trust Taiwanese statistics? Shame on you …

Actually, I suspect there are more women smokers in Taipei than in the rest of the country, which could distort things a bit. I can remember while in Pingtung asking a woman whether she smoked and got a shocked “how could you even ask such a question?” look in response - which I think is pretty common. Taiwanese ladies don’t smoke sort of thing.

Seems like a reasonable theory, david. The “Taiwanese ladies don’t smoke” social more might also explain why the 5% figure seems so low, while the 47% figure for men sounds about right to me…

The ad is actually about Qindao beer being produced here, as Qindao is a county on the Sandong in mainland China.

The name of the company was originally Germania Brauerei Akt.-Ges.,Tsingtau, and started by German and English merchants in 1903 during the German occupation of Qindao. It was the first beer brewery in China.

But anyway, the ad is saying that Qindao beer is now produced in Taiwan. Thus the pregnant women. I guess they’re supposed to represent the production of Qindao beer in Taiwan. The purpose of the ad is to assure people that they’re not drinking beer made in communist China, I think.

[quote=“lupillus”]The ad is actually about Qindao beer being produced here, as Qindao is a county on the Sandong in mainland China.

The name of the company was originally Germania Brauerei Akt.-Ges.,Tsingtau, and started by German and English merchants in 1903 during the German occupation of Qindao. It was the first beer brewery in China.

But anyway, the ad is saying that Qindao beer is now produced in Taiwan. Thus the pregnant women. I guess they’re supposed to represent the production of Qindao beer in Taiwan. The purpose of the ad is to assure people that they’re not drinking beer made in communist China, I think.[/quote]

:bravo: Exactly!

The Taiwanese do posses some sort of humour. They were simply implying that both the beer and the pregnant ladies were made in Taiwan.

Alittle screwy but I got the point. Seeing it for the first time I had to laugh.

I finally saw that ad yesterday and thought it was HOT!

I’m so drinking a can of Tsing Dao today.

Really?

I hardly ever see any down in Yangmei.

In Taipei, all the time.

Some times stats are like bikinies, revealing a lot, but hiding the most important part.

I haven’t seen hotter pregnant women since my college roomate’s subscription to “Knocked Up N Milky” ran out. Still, I think most people prefer the jumping “Nami-Nami” bra ads.

That said, I am sure that quite a few conceptions were beer-aided. Why not credit Taiwan-brewed Tsing Tao beer with these women’s delicate condition?