Beer so Expensive

You always need to factor in the/a cost involved for future remodeling or expansion. Most places have a shelf life, if you don’t factor in those costs at the end of the line it’s the end of the line. Or a good day for a bank.

Do you think that a huge company only calculates the cost of a product and the packing?

I’ll let you all in on a real treat. It’s called G+9. They have two shops in Banqiao. Outstanding local craft beers and snacks. The staff are fantastic they have all sorts of specials and you can drink lots there and it won’t hurt the wallet at all. Boss invited me to view his brewery

1 Like

Sounds like I have to visit it.

Good point. I was thinking about the craft beer breweries when wrote the statement, but you are absolutely correct. It should be talked about on the macro level when talking about export/import taxes on alcohol, regardless if they were micro-brew or commercial brew.

I don’t know if TTL export directly out to other parts of Asia and western countries, but I would venture to guess that they don’t. I’ve seen Taiwan beer bottles in the shops mentioned as well as Asian markets like Ranch 99. So my guess would be the supermarket business source all types of product in Taiwan and ship 'em all together.

Heard good things about that place. Would definitely try to make time to venture out there sometime.

Had another today. Light hops, not to much. Just tasty.

1 Like

It’ll only get more expensive due to so many factors. Input costs, etc.

Germany’s brewery associations expect increases of up to 30 percent, as reported by the “Bild” newspaper (Wednesday edition).

“The cost increases are beyond all dimensions,” said the general manager of the German Brewers’ Association, Holger Eichele, the newspaper.

»Whether pallets, brewing malt, beer coasters or bottle caps – the prices go through the roof.

We have never seen anything like it.«

Well, except for during the Weimar hyperinflation days.

2 Likes

IDK if it’s me or what but I think sandwich bread (that substandard version of bread that Americans call just “bread”) is smaller for the same price. The war should affect the price of beer too and there was a huge inflation in Europe even before it.

30% is a lot, I wonder does local beers use lots of imported items or mostly local?