Before Sunset

Tagline: What if you had a second chance with the one that got away?

We rented this DVD recently. It’s a little slow, but I quite liked it.

Have you seen the original? I saw it years ago and quite liked it at the time, though it was a little slow.

I’m too confused at the minute between “Before Sunrise”, “Before Sunset” and that Pierce Brosnan one, “After the Sunset” (I think that’s what it’s called… really, I’m just too confused now).

Before Sunrise and Before Sunset are both great – I really enjoyed them. After the Sunset is just a silly diamond heist caper but it’s got Woody Harrelson in it, so that’s all right.

Did you miss Salma Hayek? Now that made it all right. :wink:

Did you miss Salma Hayek? Not that made it all right. :wink:[/quote]
Um, no, she’s kind of difficult to miss! :howyoudoin:

Contrary to what might be expected “Before Sunrise” is the first one and “Before Sunset” the second. Part of my teaching with movies system involves a “find the great lines” activity. Both of those movies are filled with them. There is talk of a third installment to be made in another ten yeras with the same actors. I have no idea what they would call it…

“Before Retirement”?

:laughing: Or how bout "After Menopause?

The special features section of the most recent one has an extremely interesting series of interviews with the director and the two actors (Ethan Hawke and Julie Delphy?) that describes how they developed the writing and made the films. I found it completely absorbing – all three of them REALLY know what they’re talking about.
I’d be really interested in seeing them do another one in 10 years.

Strange, I liked the first one much more. I thought the second one would have worked better in some sort of audio format. Maybe the first would have too.

I bet the interview sandman mentioned was as interesting as either film. Good conversation is the most fascinating thing in the world for the very reason that it is not scripted.

bob: I bet the interview sandman mentioned was as interesting as either film. Good conversation is the most fascinating thing in the world for the very reason that it is not scripted.

PP: You got that right. Ain’t nothing more fascinatin’.

bob: (pause) Are you thinkin’ what I’m thinkin’?

PP: Sure am. Let’s go rope us some fillies!

bob: Yeehah!!

I liked the second film better. I found the first one a little corny at times and a little slower.

Good god do those people ever talk a lot though. Haven’t they ever heard of comfortable silence?

[quote=“porcelainprincess”]bob: I bet the interview sandman mentioned was as interesting as either film. Good conversation is the most fascinating thing in the world for the very reason that it is not scripted.

PP: You got that right. Ain’t nothing more fascinatin’.

bob: (pause) Are you thinkin’ what I’m thinkin’?

PP: Sure am. Let’s go rope us some fillies!

bob: Yeehah!![/quote]

Brokeback Dialogue? :slight_smile:

Where did you rent it from? I’d like to watch the special features

Blockbuster should still have it available in it’s "previously viewed movies section. Usually quite a good bargain.

Cheers. Thanks

They might have Being John Malcovich too but that’s a long shot. Mine has gone missing somehow but will return someday I imagine. I get back about two or three DVDs a week that I forgot I had lent out. Anyway, you’ll be suprised that if you go out to the shops and just grab up all the movies that are both great and really cheap you’ll wind up with a good two dozen or so. At least I could find a good couple of dozen great movies for under 200 but then I’m always in the shops snooping around so I know where stuff is like.

Anywho “Before Sunset” should be a cinch.