Being Deported and there's no good reason why?!? Part 2

Hello, thanks for all the replys on the first post,

Hey, if your being deported shouldn’t you recieve some sort of documentation? Why am i leaving just based on word of mouth (my boss saying I have 10 days to leave. Also if they are appealing the decision shouldn’t I be able to stay untill a decision has been reached?

this seems quite strange for me, shouldn’t the police be knocking on my door, and giving me a plane ticket? why should I have to pay for the plane ticket? What happens if I stay and find out? are they going to kick me out for another 5 years? what the hell is going on? Why am i leaving based on word of mouth?

In the other threads on this subject, those being asked to leave received an official letter from the FAP.

If you received the work permit already, check and see if the date on it predates the date of the picture. If it predates the picture you should be able to fight the deportation.

On the other hand, if your school is a kindergarten, you cannot win.

[quote=“hortmonger”]Hello, thanks for all the replys on the first post,

Hey, if your being deported shouldn’t you recieve some sort of documentation? Why am i leaving just based on word of mouth (my boss saying I have 10 days to leave. Also if they are appealing the decision shouldn’t I be able to stay untill a decision has been reached?

[/quote]
A ray of hope here – if it’s your boss just saying you have 10 days to leave, what he probably means is that he’s cancelled your ARC, not that you’re being deported. Is that a possibility? I think you’re right, that you would have to get an official notice of one sort or another. Are you living at the same address on your ARC – because that’s where the notice would go. Worth checking into. If it’s just that he’s cancelled the ARC to get out of the situation with the authorities, it MIGHT (might!) be possible for you to get another job (although time-wise it would be extremely difficult).

You’d need to get the legal eagles in here to know whether you can stay while you appeal or not. You might want to check where you would be staying, too – if it’s a detention center for foreigners that might not be as attractive an option as it seems. :frowning:

You will recieve a letter from your local FAP telling you that you have 14 days to leave from the date that the letter was written and that your ARC is cancelled.

If you are going to make an appeal you need to get it to the executive yuan and the council of labour affairs within 30 days.

See this thread for more about the appeal process.

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=38480

Beware though, the appeal can take a long time to go through, in my case it was 6 months and still isn’t totaly resolved. I was however able to stay here as a student during that time, whether this was 100% legal i don’t know but i had to go to the MOFA to extend my student visa twice and they never gave me trouble or asked any questions.

As for a flight out of Taiwan it’s your employers responsibilty to pay for the ticket.

Best of luck

What? That’s a new one on me. Your employer cancels your ARC, he has to pay for your ticket?

not if they cancel the ARC just if you get caught working illegally and are deported

Do you have a link for that? I never heard of that one before.

Sorry no link but that’s what the deportation letter i recieved said and the FAP confirmed it to me

There is a silver lining in all this. Now, if only the schools would know ahead of time that this is a repercussion for not sticking to the books…or at least as to the books as one can stick in Taiwan. If the FAP were smart, they’d make them have to buy you a first-class ticket. Then you’d leave Taiwan with a pleasant memory and your school would get a heavy blow to their pockets for working you illegally…

Just. Like. They. Should.

There is a silver lining in all this.[/quote]

Maybe not that silver… cheapest flight out of here presumably one-way to HK. I am sure the letter does not state the school is responsible to repatriate you to your home country.