Belgian Pie is closing at the end of the month

I just read this in another thread.

That sucks. :frowning:

But ya gotta do what ya gotta do BP.

I’ll be over for subs soon. Got any of that bleu cheese left? :smiley:

I would strongly recommend anyone to get out and have a great meal, a sub, lamburger, stew, cake, pie, bread, cookies and brownies while you can.

And something like 15 Belgian beers to choose from.

jds

Holy crap, this is sad news for those that appreciate culinary genius. :notworthy:

If you opened a place in Taipei, BP, I believe you’d totally kick ass.

Really bad news. I will do my best to show up during this last month at least once.
Best wishes for you, Mr. Pie…

[quote=“Truant”]Holy crap, this is sad news for those that appreciate culinary genius. :notworthy:

If you opened a place in Taipei, BP, I believe you’d totally kick ass.[/quote]
Actually, he would open a place in Taipei if he found a suitable business partner.

We were there last week, and the food was exceptional as usual. We plan on making another visit - this Saturday if the weather cooperates.

Yes, I would recommend everyone to go there this month for a superb meal.

Damn, I hope I can make it! 'Tis a really busy month for me :frowning:

Bummer Belgian Pie, still, I look forward to the day you lick your wounds and get back on that horse. I’m sure it will happen.

All the best.

HG

I was there today for my “farewell lunch” (even I hope to make it in for another time…) and the Chef told me we have about one week left as he has to pull out everything and give the place back as the usual naked concret cave.
So anybody who still wants to enjoy it one last time should hurry on, just about a week left.

The lunch was brilliant by the way and the long chat with the Chef too.

[quote=“mingshah”]I was there today for my “farewell lunch” (even I hope to make it in for another time…) and the Chef told me we have about one week left as he has to pull out everything and give the place back as the usual naked concret cave.
So anybody who still wants to enjoy it one last time should hurry on, just about a week left.

The lunch was brilliant by the way and the long chat with the Chef too.[/quote]
Thanks for the heads up. Anyone here up for a get-together at Belgian Kitchen this weekend, despite the fact we can’t hike?

(Hey, I have two stars now!)

I want to bump this.

I have heard from Mr Pie that he will be open this Saturday and Sunday.

I plan on going Saturday afternoon for one final lamburger.

I know some more of you plan to go. How about making this a Happy Hour kind of thing? :sunglasses:

Bread, cookies, brownies and belgian beer…great fries and stew and the ever popular lamburger.

See you there.

jdslobbering

I’d be very happy to go too.

I think a motorbike ride ending there will be the order of the day if the weather is good.

We are planning to go, but it would be a late afternoon/dinner type of thing for us. What time will most of the croud show up?

Wait a minute. The above people are talking about going to Belgian Pie on Saturday, right?

Aren’t you, Ratlung, joining the Sanxia hike on Sunday? Won’t that group visit Belgian Pie after the hike?

I’ve never been to Belgian Pie, or the cool ridges on that hike, or on a forumosa hiking club outing, so I’m thinking this would be a great opportunity to do all three. Isn’t that what some plan to do – on Sunday?

Wait a minute. The above people are talking about going to Belgian Pie on Saturday, right?

Aren’t you, Ratlung, joining the Sanxia hike on Sunday? Won’t that group visit Belgian Pie after the hike?

I’ve never been to Belgian Pie, or the cool ridges on that hike, or on a forumosa hiking club outing, so I’m thinking this would be a great opportunity to do all three. Isn’t that what some plan to do – on Sunday?[/quote]

I did not follow the hiking thread too closely, but yes, it will be on Sunday. And going with that group to BP afterwards would certainly not hurt either. And yes, if we go after the hike, it would be a great opportunity for you to do all of it on one day.

There are many dishes I have not tried yet on his menu, but just the Lamb Burger is worth the trip, or his really awesome homemade chocolate sirup on Vanilla Ice Cream is just delicious. I had it yesterday!!

smith clan will be there this afternoon about 1:30

I won;t be going today because I’m going tomorrow with the hiking club!

oh, that early, I guess I have plans for going to Zhunan in the early afternoon.

What and Where is Belgian Pie… ??? Everybody raves about it and they are closing down…? This weekend? Pls enlighten me…

Yum…we’re home but I imagine the tigerguys and smellthegloves are still there sucking down belgian brews with the pie himself.

pix to follow.

[quote=“jdsmith”]Yum…we’re home but I imagine the tigerguys and smellthegloves are still there sucking down belgian brews with the pie himself.

pix to follow.[/quote]

Naaa actuually we jes got home little bit ago not long agter u. yea had some more beer and a belgianpie opend 10 yer old bottle corsendonk wow never had anthig that befo and then a shot of bokma to finish all off andi havebecome comftubly numb think =i gotta get bed nitenite