Bells and whistles 2007

Ooooo, if I tell you, well I get a chop? For that is an important contribution to the dinner table.

:laughing: Yeah, just after posting that I thought of the Ming to Qing dynasty punning based on the crab (usually a lotus and crab, for he2xie2, harmony), and then guessed it might be xie4, ‘thanks’. In which case it’s a good symbol.

I like the gold ingot too – quite clear.

Yes, it’s clear on my big office monitor. Sorry, it wasn’t quite so clear on my tiddly littly Mac… ‘Pies’ indeed. Aiyo!

Can I have something please ? I want to feel loved and special. I know I’m not useful anymore but I used to be, can I have something for that at least ?

Kind of like the retired delegates in the old ‘parliament’? A ‘superannuated’ chop?

You see Joe, everybody wants one. It’s going to be a nightmare.

If I was the chop monitor I would give bob an ‘insight’ sticker for his post about breasts.

Couldn’t find a studmuffin chop, but what about this one?

A Blue Peter Badge!

The small one is not too clear:

OK, so why does Dragonbones have a pie? Nobody else does, not even Goose Egg or the mighty Mao.

Wooh! I just looked at my profile. What’s going on?

I activated the “Testimonials” function, and took the format for the profiles from LinkedIn (which has a similar, far more sophisticated “Testimonials” function)

I plan to add a link to the testimonials page to the Posts after I figure out how to reference the Testimonial counts from the topic threads. It’s meant to encourage Forumosans to post in helpful, constructive, entertaining ways.

Down the road, if there is any interest, I’ll try to figure out how to switch off or hide this function.

At the moment, you can edit and delete what people post on your profile. So, if someone posts something negative, you can either remove it outright, or change it to something positive (which wouldn’t be very nice - but understandable)

If someone is “spamming” your profile, please alert the admins (admin @ forumosa.com) and we will warn/suspend abusers. The best evidence is to take a screen shot of your profile with the spam and attach it in your email so we can review it with the alleged offender.

I meant to give out pies and crabs in one fell swoop to a bunch of very helpful Forumosans, but my schedule got the best of me.

Expect these to appear over time - particularly over the weekends

Why not appoint Tom Hill to be ‘chop monitor’ and send him a list?

I like the new profile thingy. Can you add more fields? Make them hideable, restricted, etc?

Let people post a dating profile, a professional profile, and a blog of course. Personal photo galleries would also be good as would a book list and personalised calendars. Maybe some kind of groups feature too? Networking and all that.

Let me know when you get that done and I’ll give you another list. Sometimes when you fiddle with things the results are quite good.

Only sometimes? :wink:

There are a number of Group-related hacks that are long-overdue, and I was planning to integrate them (somehow) with the new profile format

My profile has google ads about Satan and sin, and Loretta’s has google ads for bras. :s

And eczema. Fitting. WOnder what mine’s has.

Yeah, the google ads are a bit silly. They are unlikely to have any meaning if they base their recommendations on reports about what bob thinks of breasts, what I think of bob, or what Sandman thinks of anything.

So yes, only sometimes!

But I do like the new format.

Buttercup was complaining about how hard it is to post weird drivel testimonials for people like me. Not sure if that’s a sign of a problem, a security feature, or her retardation. Make of it what you will.

Why is it I can only write a testimonial for myself and not other people?

Say for example I want to say something about Loretta and her gorgeous flaxon hair I can’t… Although if I want to tell everyone I’m a swell guy I can… odd

The girl with the beautiful klaxon hair.

I am champing at the bit to start writing congratulatory nuggets of joy for forumosa’s finest.

[quote=“Funk500”]Why is it I can only write a testimonial for myself and not other people?

Say for example I want to say something about Loretta and her gorgeous flaxon hair I can’t… Although if I want to tell everyone I’m a swell guy I can… odd[/quote]
I’ve changed a setting - try to post testimonials on other Forumosans’s profiles now. This is what it is for

Thank you for pointing out this problem