Best and worst comedians

The best unintentional? comedy I’ve seen. Jesse Lee Peterson-TheFallenState interviews.

Worst local comedian, hands down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_qPiC5Wlfs

Guy snitches on venues that host open mic nights. The only funny thing he ever did was getting deported when he applied for an APRC.

NIA: There seem to be some gaps in your financial history.

KP: Ya, I worked under the table. Is that okay?

NIA: (stamping passport) You have 7 days to leave the country.

KP: But I have no money to buy a plane ticket.

NIA: (re-stamping passport) You have 3 days to leave the country.

Now that was funny.

Can’t stand Russell Peters either. Just a bunch of stereotyping mimicry. Borders on racist.

Amy Schumer bores me.

Never was much into Chapelle, but those NF specials showed me what a genius he really is.

Always thought Louis CK was a genius, but fuck that guy.

Glad to see someone else mention Frye and Laurie…check out Frye’s Absolute Power…brilliant. He’s kinda lost the plot a little appearing on some lame US sitcom, but I can forgive him being a bit mercenary.

Freshest new talents: Michael Che and James Acaster.

I’ve been loving Michelle Wolf for a few years now as a comic actress in late show skits (LLSw/SM maybe?) but she vaulted to the #2 position overall with that Correspondance Dinner bit.

#1 overall for now and forever: Steven Colbert…America’s greatest gift to the world.

She has a new show on Netflix that isn’t bad. I find her voice annoying but became numb to it eventually - and the jokes are definitely there. She was previously on both Seth Myers’ show and the Daily Show.

ya, that voice…yet, she seems to make it less cacophonic in some of her skit work on the new nf series. tell ya what…sam bee’s cocksure valleygirl routine wore me out immediately. i’ll suffer michelle’s screech owl for the sake of her comedy.

#nocaps

1 Like

my favorite comedians are zafri khan, Amanullah and nasir chinioti

I don’t get his shtick either. I figure I’ve lived it too much

I suppose I still like the older comedy :blush:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFMpySg_UrM

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ukn2YT5jeM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYf5BNH-sSQ
Classic line after the one legged Elvis impersonator finished . They asked if he did anything else. Reply …“Blue Suede Shoe” :grinning:

Saw Jeselnik tonight.Very good. Good timing, not a wasted word. Started the show getting there late for the warmup act. A row a large older women had sat in one of my seats on the aisle. I showed her the ticket and noticed an empty at their far end. They all did the old lady thing and took their tickets out and checked them in the dark. I said, Let’s go," and the lady in my seat got snippy, told me I was late. I said, “I know, but that still doesn’t make it your seat.”

I love people.

2 Likes

I rewatched Bo Burnham’s “Make Happy” on the weekend. Love this one, everything about it is hilarious. He’s insanely talented and a lot of the jokes come out of nowhere. And I like comedy that subverts expectations. Plus the closer of the whole set is an epic 10 minute Kanye-esque song about buying a burrito.

I also recently watched some of James Acaster’s stuff on Netflix. I found his jokes absolutely hilarious but his voice (or accent, really) throws me off.

Speaking of voices that throw me off, The Break is 4 episodes deep on Netflix and Michelle Wolf is killing it. Very funny stuff. I think I’ve become numb to her voice.

Hannah Gadsby “Nanette”. Be warned. Not that funny. But powerful AF. On Netflix.

I’m about 10 minutes in. I find it funny (maybe not hilariously so). So far she’s only talked about small town Australia and “Where are the quiet gays?” but feels pretty on-point. I liked this line: “I do understand that I have an obligation to lead people out of ignorance at every opportunity… but I left him there, people.”

Okay, I’m regretting laughing at that now.

1 Like

Less “funny” as she goes on, though. I have to applaud Netflix on this one. It’s more of a monologue than stand-up. Very tough to take all she has to say, but she is bang fucking on.

For whack shit, Bobby Lee (Mad TV, general weirdo) has a really good podcast TigerBelly that he does with his gf. On podcast outlets and YouTube, super entertaining if you subscribe to his kind of humour.

Been around for a while but I just got on it lately.

There’s a new Jim Jefferies special on Netflix that’s pretty good. It gets off to a slow start, but still funny enough. Towards the end, though, he tells this 20 minute story about a celebrity birthday party that had me in tears.

1 Like

Pretty good stuff. The baby story was fun. His Pacino was hilarious.

Still wondering how I missed her.

I’m on the fence about Jefferies. I’m a bit turned off by the fact that drinks what looks like beer during the show, seems drunk and that he just makes himself out to be a right twat…for effect maybe? I don’t know.

I do however enjoy knowing how to “say” bullsh8t in sign language.