Best Beatles Cover Band Ever

slide.com/r/8Ek85FFntz_0bssma3fhiag4oj__dLkq

2 Likes

@Puppet come backā€¦ your teenage thread finally got a reply!

3 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes

The girl on the right is not playing anything, is she?

1 Like

I can hear a percussion sound from her playing. Barely. And that bass!

1 Like
1 Like

All-star cast and Princeā€™s fantastic solo. Yes, thatā€™s Georgeā€™s son on acoustic.

2 Likes

Back in '65 the Golden earrings put out a Beatleā€™s album.

1 Like

I saw the Bootleg Beatles a couple years ago in HK. Widely regarded as the best. They stay in character for the entire set. All the between songs banter is 100% authentic.

Oasis. Or perhaps they were covering Slade.

Ray Charles puts a little soul into this one. Some great ā€œAcross the Universeā€ covers, but I like too many of them. This will suffice for now.

Best Beatles Cover Band Ever

band
/band/
noun

1. A small group of musicians and vocalists who play pop, jazz, or rock music.

ā€œthe bandā€™s last two albumsā€

group
/É”ruĖp/
noun

1. A number of people or things that are located, gathered, or classed together.

ā€œa group of boys approachedā€

Pedant war! Ray wasnā€™t playing the other instruments.

I actually think weā€™re all taking things differently from what was intended. There are those Beatles cover bands that play only Beatles songs, and I think thatā€™s what the OP had in mind. I find those bands boring and a bit strange. Didnā€™t want to start a new thread and there are so many covers of Beatles songs. Time to revive the 15 year old thread. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da life goes on.

How do you know what Puppet intended? I canā€™t get the feckerā€™s link to work.

1 Like

I didnā€™t click on it. Donā€™t trust it. I guess I donā€™t know for sure but I got that impression when I first saw the title.