Best clubs, chics, parties :-)

Hey guys, im new to Taipei. What are the best places to visit, I’m more that underground electro type of guy.

Hows the scene in Taipei? More electro or hip hop?

trance and progressive were a bit popular, there were nice gigs from gabriel and dresden at luxy, also Armin van Buuren was at luxy just 4 or 5 weeks ago.
but since you talk about underground electro i doubt that will be what you want, but it could be a start…

hey, u german, great. trance and progressive house no problem as well. i went luxy last night… not bad., nice girls :slight_smile:
what are the best nights, what about thursday night at luxy?

also, ministry of sound, is that club any good?

so it sounds like luxy is best…

Room 18 is my favorite in Taipei

Luxy? You got to be kidding. Sure there are nights they provide music of your (or anyones) taste. But the variety at Luxy is just to great.

For a purely electro (or techno) place, I’d be interested too. But I’ve given up on that a little bit, it’s just not here (in Taiwan).

I thought MoS already closed a long time ago?

thats the one at neo19?
what music is goign on there?

[quote=“Ectoplasma”]Luxy? You got to be kidding. Sure there are nights they provide music of your (or anyones) taste. But the variety at Luxy is just to great.

For a purely electro (or techno) place, I’d be interested too. But I’ve given up on that a little bit, it’s just not here (in Taiwan).

I thought MoS already closed a long time ago?[/quote]

Luxy has soemtimes really excellent guest DJs and for trance and progressive i havent found a better place so far. also i kinda like the location. high ceiling, the gallery etc…

MOS closed down like 2 year ago, but i think the reopened earlier this year.
mos-taipei.com/TW/newweb/index.htm
on the other hand: with gig dates from april this year on their website…

:astonished:
maybe they are closed again? :smiley:

I didn’t mean to say Luxy is an uninteresting place, in fact I love it – for the few times I went there – and some time ago that was… I just meant to say that their variety is sooooo big; one time you’ll love the music/style/(guest) DJ, but it’ll be different next time you go – and each time you go. It’s just not a place for the purist music lover, regarding a particular style. Though for sure it is (one of) the top places in Taipei… They got one beautiful party palace there. There’s certainly a glamour about it too.

agree with you ecto.
you have to go when they have something on schedule you like. i am a big fan of dutch trance and progressive and i enjoyed ferry corsten, AvB as well as an awesome set from Gabriel & Dresden (one of the best US based house / progressive acts) there.
for the hiphop stuff i dont really like it, but since you have 2 seperate areas there you can always switch inbetween.