Best Country to Teach in and Why

This is probably frying cold rice for most of you, and since most of you are teaching in Taiwan already it might be hard to get unbiased answers. But I was curious what opinions i might get. From what i’ve heard: Japan is great as far as quality of life but hard to make good money and harder to get hired for a good teaching gig. Korea is the best place purely from a money standpoint, but quality of life not as ideal. China is desperate for teachers but both money and quality of life can be a problem. Thailand offers a great lifestyle but the pay is terrible. Other than that i’ve heard people stay in Taiwan because the life is convenient and the money isn’t bad compared to places like Thailand and Japan. Demographics seem to be against English teachers in Japan and Taiwan and i guess Korea too in the long-run it seems. I haven’t tried teaching here yet but not against the idea and was considering other possible locations should i really want to try teaching. Thanks for any advice and input.

You forgot Saudi Arabia, Brazil, Italy, and Australia.

Saudi pays well, but is boring as fuck.

Brazil doesn’t pay much, and is expensive now, but OMFG THE BIKINIS.

Italy doesn’t pay much, but the scenery, the food, the travel opportunities, and a million other things make up for it.

Australia’s economy is really booming right now, and their citizens are finally able to afford to travel and study abroad (instead of wandering around in a spider-and-snake-infested desert blowing on tree roots). I’d say that’s probably the best place on the planet to teach English right now, and God knows they need help on it.

[quote=“Impaler”]

Australia’s economy is really booming right now, and their citizens are finally able to afford to travel and study abroad (instead of wandering around in a spider-and-snake-infested desert blowing on tree roots). I’d say that’s probably the best place on the planet to teach English right now, and God knows they need help on it.[/quote]
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: No amount of money could remove the convict accent! :laughing: