Best forum ever

landoverbaptist.net/

I am guessing it is in jest, but entertaining nonetheless.

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]http://www.landoverbaptist.net/

I am guessing it is in jest, but entertaining nonetheless.[/quote]

You’re “guessing”? Of course it’s a parody; how could you think otherwise?

In the US, you never know!

[quote=“almas john”][quote=“Deuce Dropper”]http://www.landoverbaptist.net/

You’re “guessing”? Of course it’s a parody; how could you think otherwise?[/quote]

being subtle is not your forte. I will try to keep everything black and white from here on out as not to confuse you.

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”][quote=“almas john”][quote=“Deuce Dropper”]http://www.landoverbaptist.net/

You’re “guessing”? Of course it’s a parody; how could you think otherwise?[/quote]

being subtle is not your forte. I will try to keep everything black and white from here on out as not to confuse you.[/quote]

God bless you.

Now, where did I leave the sacramental wine? Hope those thieving altar boys haven’t been at it again.

I just might want to join, I’m dying to read “is dancing a sin?”
Well is it???

[quote=“Lappy”]I just might want to join, I’m dying to read “is dancing a sin?”
Well is it???[/quote]
The way I dance it is.
Back when I was in high school, I asked a girl to the prom and she said her church didn’t allow dancing. That was okay with me.

True story: because I cause trouble when I have too much free time, I went to an international church here in Japan. During the worship study class for new members or visitors, I said “I’m so glad I found this church because its a real challenge to find one which accepts openly gay men. Both my partners are lapsed Christians, well, one of them is Jewish actually, but I’m going to recommend this church to them. Try to get the whole gay family to attend a service.”

No one spoke to me for the next 20 minutes during the class.

/true story.
//not gay.
///Don’t have partners or whatever, and don’t know what my friends’ faiths are and don’t care.
/slash the final: never went back there but got an email from one of the pastors who asked it I wanted to be one of those fake priests what do the weddings and stuff.

[quote=“MilkTeaJack”]True story: because I cause trouble when I have too much free time, I went to an international church here in Japan. During the worship study class for new members or visitors, I said “I’m so glad I found this church because its a real challenge to find one which accepts openly gay men. Both my partners are lapsed Christians, well, one of them is Jewish actually, but I’m going to recommend this church to them. Try to get the whole gay family to attend a service.”

No one spoke to me for the next 20 minutes during the class.

[/quote]

Wow. What a hero! Your mummy must be very proud of you.

Nope. It means I can be a jerk when I’m bored. Unless you were being sarcastic, in which case, I commend you, sir. Bravo.

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”][quote=“Lappy”]I just might want to join, I’m dying to read “is dancing a sin?”
Well is it???[/quote]
The way I dance it is.
Back when I was in high school, I asked a girl to the prom and she said her church didn’t allow dancing. That was okay with me.[/quote]
No dancing? Do they allow f*cking?

[quote=“bismarck”][quote=“Dr. McCoy”][quote=“Lappy”]I just might want to join, I’m dying to read “is dancing a sin?”
Well is it???[/quote]
The way I dance it is.
Back when I was in high school, I asked a girl to the prom and she said her church didn’t allow dancing. That was okay with me.[/quote]
No dancing? Do they allow f*cking?[/quote]
I guess so. She was one of nine kids.

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”][quote=“bismarck”][quote=“Dr. McCoy”]The way I dance it is.
No dancing? Do they allow f*cking?[/quote]
I guess so. She was one of nine kids.[/quote]
No worries then. :wink:

We have a similar church in Saffa Land, and the joke regarding that goes: “They don’t allow sex, because the clergy are afraid it could lead to dancing.”

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]http://www.landoverbaptist.net/

I am guessing it is in jest too, but it’s still unacceptable. If you upload something like this landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=30089 you need a humour disclaimer, and the site doesn’t seem to have one. And anyway it’s not even remotely funny, once you’ve read the OP and sniggered briefly.

I’m surprised there are no posts from angry people who miss the “joke”. Must be quite heavily “moderated”. Maybe it’s not even really a forum at all, it’s all pre-written and some script runs to update the timestamps?

[quote=“smithsgj”][quote=“Deuce Dropper”]http://www.landoverbaptist.net/

I am guessing it is in jest too, but it’s still unacceptable. If you upload something like this landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=30089 you need a humour disclaimer, and the site doesn’t seem to have one. And anyway it’s not even remotely funny, once you’ve read the OP and sniggered briefly.

I’m surprised there are no posts from angry people who miss the “joke”. Must be quite heavily “moderated”. Maybe it’s not even really a forum at all, it’s all pre-written and some script runs to update the timestamps?[/quote]

holy cow,this is rad!

You want “posts from angry people who missed the joke”? Your wish is my command:

landoverbaptist.org/mail/

And don’t miss their community message board:

landoverbaptist.net

(See if you can stay on for a month without getting banned. Even if you don’t post a word, they’ll find some reason to ban you! You’ll see.)

And for more Jesus fun:

jesusoftheweek.com

It’s not very funny. Parodies are funny for eight seconds, tops.

godhatestheworld.com/ is my favourite. I’m thinking of submitting dossiers on territories God apparently has no information on. For example, God seems to have closed his eyes to the New Zealand problem. I’m sure this is an oversight as everyone knows what hellbound creatures they are! And Taiwan!

[quote=“Screaming Jesus”]You want “posts from angry people who missed the joke”? Your wish is my command:

landoverbaptist.org/mail/

[/quote]

Fair enough. I went through a few pages of that “black people should be slaves” thread and didn’t see any complaints. Presumably they just pull them straight away… A labour of love indeed.