Best Gelato made in house in Taiwan

Seems to be more and more Gelato and Ice Cream cafes and shops that made their own Gelato. Anyone have a favorite in Taiwan with summer comming. (not packaged ones)

I like this one: Google Maps

3 Likes

Have you tried this?

1 Like

No, I will add it to my list, thanks

No. 6號, Alley 40, Lane 181, Section 4, Zhongxiao E Rd, Da’an District, Taipei City, Taiwan 106

It’s been a while now but from what I remember it’s an Italian guy who makes great soy bean ice cream :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A shout out for 光芒果子 Sunny Mango Gelato in Yujing, Tainan

They have a large selection of classic and innovative flavors that change on a regular basis. All are excellent. Yakult, Baileys, 經典蛋黃酥 (egg yolk pastry), Taiwan Beer, durian are some of the more interesting flavors. They also do a great chocolate, cheesecake, green tea and a wide variety of fruit flavors. And of course they have mango gelato - it is Yujing after all.

3 Likes

Thanks, not far away from me so I will have to try !

1 Like

Is the Beer made from real beer?

1 Like

[image]

Maccanti, nice shop in Taoyuan, they have corners in Taipei, such as Maccanti馬卡諦義大利冰淇淋台北誠品松菸店

4,1(19) · Gelato

Xinyi District, Taipei City

1 Like

Yes it is and it does taste like the real thing. Not bad if you like that kind of taste in a gelato but my least favorite flavor of the ones that I’ve tried.

I dont really get the whole gelato thing. This is a good one though.

OPA GELATO 手作義式冰淇淋 Taipei

I like the ice cream here, but maybe a little expensive

https://www.popobunny.com/index01.html

They don’t serve ice cream anymore :sob: I used to go here all the time. At least last time I tried to go they didn’t seem to have ice cream anymore

1 Like

熱那亞義式冰淇淋 GELATO

This place here, hands down best place for quality given the price. Albanian guy married to Tw lady who worked in Genova at a gelato place. He speaks Italian indeed and makes the gelato like it should be. 100nt for 2 big scoops!

8 Likes

This guy in Kaohsiung has good local flavours such as sijichun tea and black tea.
Prices are good too.

榛果怪冰淇淋楠梓店
0921 643 472

1 Like

Going to check it out tomorrow

3 Likes

This place in Kaohsiung is excellent too. Great selection of flavours and the owner trained in Italy -

(吉拉朵義式手工冰淇淋 07 348 5266 https://maps.app.goo.gl/RQo9EEnQgPzYq4X46)

5 Likes

Excellent! Great value

2 Likes

glad u liked it, the guy seems very honest and hardworking, like many Albanians who came to Italy in the 90s after the communist regime fell.

He told me he can keep the prices low since the place is in her wife’s house, so no rent!

1 Like

Many in New York as well, a lot doing work in pizzerias and restaurants later-generation Italians don’t want to do anymore.

1 Like

I was in the Beimen / lower Dadaocheng neighbourhood today, and I remembered that @Mataiou had recommended this place, and @tempogain had enjoyed it too.

I arrived early evening on a Sunday, and it was doing a roaring trade. Prices have gone up to NT$120 / small cup, so it did not strike me as an especially amazing deal compared say to the NT$80 / cup price at Solo Pizza. Lots and lots of fruit options are available now in the heat of summer, along with some classics (milk, chocolate, pistachio). I went for the latter—it was a solid cup, and the Albanian guy working there (he seems to be a relative of the owner) was friendly. If I was in the area, I’d happily return, but I would not rank this as better than Zoca’s pistachio gelato or even the cups I’ve had at Solo lately.

Damn I am getting spoiled in this town. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like